Dr Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Holborn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Saw Dr today regarding other health issues, walked out with 2 more pills to take daily. While I was speaking to him brought up the subject of my OGGT. Asked if it proved I have diabetes if he will increase my strip allowance. After a short discussion about costs and the NHS budget he came up with a deal, he will match me one on one for every box I buy. Not sure if he was joking as we always have a bit of a laugh when I see him.

Another cost cutter from our PCT. Nitro-glycerine (Glyceryl Trinitrate Pump Spray) has been removed from repeat prescription's. I now have to phone a month in advance to get it added or if required immediatley to phone and they will fax Boots.

a month that seems a long time, how will you know that you will run out in a months time? If I were you I'd ring up for a few so that I had a stock so wouldn't have to risk running out.

a month that seems a long time, how will you know that you will run out in a months time? If I were you I'd ring up for a few so that I had a stock so wouldn't have to risk running out.

I've got my stock 🙂

How often are you using your GTN spray? Do you get through a bottle a month? (that's seven times a day for a 200 dose spray) Our cardiac team recommend that you have at least two, one for home and one to take out and about with you.

How often are you using your GTN spray? Do you get through a bottle a month? (that's seven times a day for a 200 dose spray) Our cardiac team recommend that you have at least two, one for home and one to take out and about with you.

Use is very low. I'm not very mobile.
If it's not needed 'we' give it back to the pharmacist when picking up my repeat. Do that with any medication when my stocks are building up.

I have 3 spray's, home, outside and beside the bed.

That's the Royal 'we', o/h gets the scripts. 😱

Didn't realise they contained so many doses, as they are only tiny bottles.

The pharmacy will be throwing the returned meds away so better not to over order where possible.

Didn't realise they contained so many doses, as they are only tiny bottles.

The pharmacy will be throwing the returned meds away so better not to over order where possible.

Following info given by Boots pharmacist.
If they are returned before leaving the pharmacy they can be reused. If you leave the building, even just stepping outside the front door then they have to be disposed off. O/h takes them out of the bag and gives them back.

Last edited:
When mum was busy dying we had a house full of morphine bottles. After she was gone I was shocked when the pharmacy told us the unopened bottles would be destroyed, even though the seals were unbroken. They had been out of the pharmacists care and were therefore unusable under the law. What a bloody waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back