Dr twit strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went to my doctor this morning because I had an upset tummy. the man has all the compassion of a hungry shark.

He didn't beleive me till my tummy started making noises and some not very nice smells decided to come out. His answer? A pack of pills. No certificate so I have to go back to work, even thoe I don't feel like it.

I have looked up other doctors near me, so I am trying to talk the rest of the family into changing to the better one even thoe it is further away!

Ack! Sorry to hear it Caroline. Is there another doctor in the practise that you can see? I used to see a doctor similar to yours - never really seemed to be listening and seemingly opposed to doing the best for me, but I was able to see a much better GP at the same place. Isn't there supposed to be somewhere these days where you can give/get feedback on local GPs? Good luck in your hunt for Doctor Diligent! 🙂

Could be connected with the change (Feb 2008, I think) from "sick notes" to "well notes" issued by GPs. Anyway, many employers allow employees to self certificate for a limited number of days. Hope the pills work.

He sounds like one of those Drs who make you feel as if you are wasting there time.

Even if he didn't believe you about your problems - he shouldn't have said so. If the problems continue go back and ask for a referral to see what may be causing the problems.

I can sort of see were the idea of well-notes comes from but in practice the Drs can't be expected to know the ins and outs of every job or what jobs you can do in that organisation.

Hi Caroline sorry to hear of yet another cock up with your twit of a GP they is no way you can carry on seeing this guy hun, he has the compassion of a piece of moudly cheese he is no good for you , you need to move hun if at all possible, i had to do it as you know and im happier then i have ever been, the new doc im with now i trust and she shows me she actually cares and dont just want to shove a new script in my face with yet more pills.You desserve the best care available for you Caroline x

well you could always go to work and ...ummm well show them why you are unwell 😱....sorry but seriously move docs or try another in the practice !! sound like what i have been experiencing in the last few days ...hope you are better soon and it doesnt spread through the whole family X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back