Downloading meter readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thought I'd make this into it's own thread instead of hijacking another...

you guys are really tempting me to sort this downloading thing out, may give me some clues of how to tighten things up.

Aymes have you seen any changes since you recently started downloading your readings?

No changes really but I have noticed some trends that I hadn't before which I want to do something about. Currently 9% of my readings are hypo and 24% are below target, that means a total of 33% of the time I'm below what I should be which really isn't good! Although I had those readings on my meter I hadn't really registered how significant it was. 24% of my readings are above target and 57% in target.

It's also sprung up some surprises, like I'm always higher on a Monday, still haven't worked out why that is but it gives me something to work on.

I suppose it's just the same data presented in different ways, different people find it useful in different ways etc. Worth a go if you have a meter that will do it.

Hey don't knock yourself, 57% in range sounds good to me.:D

Monday is different on lots of levels for me!!

not nick picking but your % add up to 114%??? Although it could be my maths, been a long monday!

Must be good though a different slant / viewpoint chance to understand more and act on it.

Will go looking into cables first I think I've got a bayer bayer meter.

Hope you find the reason for Mondays!

Goodness, that's some majoy typo-age on my part, it's been one of those days, try again.....

9%hypo
24% below target
23% above target
46% target

That does still add up to 102% but that's what it says, guess it's just the software rounding up....?

I'll work on the Mondays, have my review at the hospital tomorrow so maybe they can help!

Hello,

I'm currently trying to write a program which will let you upload your meters blood sugar readings onto the http://www.DafneOnline.co.uk website via the data cable.

Making good progress on the OneTouch UltraEasy but the OneTouch UltraSmart is a bit harder though.

A few other websites already offer this, such as http://www.diabetesdaily.com

NiVZ

Hello,

I'm currently trying to write a program which will let you upload your meters blood sugar readings onto the http://www.DafneOnline.co.uk website via the data cable.

Making good progress on the OneTouch UltraEasy but the OneTouch UltraSmart is a bit harder though.

A few other websites already offer this, such as http://www.diabetesdaily.com

NiVZ

I use an accu-chek meter and if you want some data to play with then PM me.

Thanks for the offer Tez.

I've got most parts of the jigsaw for getting the whole UltraEasy one working. I also own an UltraSmart, so I'll probably try it next.

After that I'll have to start reading, begging/borrowing other meters if I want to try and extend it further. Might start a thread to see what the most popular meters are.

Some meters are quite easy as the manufacturers provide you the specs. But others don't and they can take a while as you have to try and figure them out yourself by reading hex numbers :(

It's been good fun so far though - not tried anything like this since I did BSc Computer Science at Uni.

NiVZ

First steps completed, I went to bayer bayer website, registered to download the software and order a cable, however having received the registration confirmation email I cannot login?? Whats going on!! Grrrr.😡

I don't download my data since I don't have a cable for the meter I'm using at the moment, but I do record all my data on an excel spreadsheet and plot it there. I do find it useful to be able to visualise trends and patterns this way.

It's also sprung up some surprises, like I'm always higher on a Monday, still haven't worked out why that is but it gives me something to work on.

Can I ask are you more active during the week? The reason I ask is I've noticed this pattern before, and I finally figured out (well I think I have 😛) that it's to do with the fact that I cycle to work Monday to Friday. I don't do this at the weekend, and I think it's got something to do with the effect of the exercise on my insulin sensitivity wearing off as the weekend passes. This may be of no relevance to you, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it helped! 🙂

I don't download my data since I don't have a cable for the meter I'm using at the moment, but I do record all my data on an excel spreadsheet and plot it there. I do find it useful to be able to visualise trends and patterns this way.

Ange,

What meter do you use, I think you can order cables from the manufaturers, well I'm hoping to soon, hopefully for gratis too!🙂

Don't know if they've improved it now, but when I got my cable for the Bayer Contour, it only came with a serial connection, so I had to buy a serial-USB connector on EBay. The software's not that great (e.g. you can't set your own target range, and the default "ok range" is 3.6-8.4) but it's quite good to be able to see how your trends change over time, and what days or time of the day have the higher averages.

Ange,

What meter do you use, I think you can order cables from the manufaturers, well I'm hoping to soon, hopefully for gratis too!🙂

I have an Accuchek Aviva nano, and I know they have a cable and software for it, but it seems to cost money, and I'm not bothered enough to shell out! 😛

I used to use a freestyle lite, and Abbott sent me a cable and software completely free of charge. 🙂

I use accu-chek Aviva and a nano You have pay for the smart-pix But they also have outher sofware called Compass. The Accu-Chek Compass software is free I called the careline and spoke to a lovely woman and she sent all cable's software and everything else Free of charge.Call them and ask about it.

Yours
Donald

I use accu-chek Aviva and a nano You have pay for the smart-pix But they also have outher sofware called Compass. The Accu-Chek Compass software is free I called the careline and spoke to a lovely woman and she sent all cable's software and everything else Free of charge.Call them and ask about it.

Yours
Donald

Yes, I got the Accuchek Compass stuff free too - it also uses a serial cable for the infrared device and works with aviva and nano.

Yes, I got the Accuchek Compass stuff free too - it also uses a serial cable for the infrared device and works with aviva and nano.

Did you also get a little peice of kit as well that plugs in to the end of the serial cable and the outher end in to a usb port helpful if you do not have a serial port it has also two flashing lights when it is communicating with your meter

Did you also get a little peice of kit as well that plugs in to the end of the serial cable and the outher end in to a usb port helpful if you do not have a serial port it has also two flashing lights when it is communicating with your meter

No Donald, I don't thnk I did. I was thankful that my computer is quite old (for once!) and still had a serial port!

I love downloading my meter readings. I will be able to print them off before I go to clinic and won't have to write anything down- which i hate doing. I haven't found out anything new really but it confirms that I trend upwards through the day. My fasting readings are always good and then I rise throughout the day.

i will check later (the software is on my desktop comp not this laptop), but I think I am in range around 50% of the time. it depends how I set my target parameters though. It's set at something like 5-8 at the moment, if I widened it to say 4-10 then I would have alot higher in range %.

No Donald, I don't thnk I did. I was thankful that my computer is quite old (for once!) and still had a serial port!

my desktop has one my laptop has not and useing software on laptop.

just downloaded software, and ordered cable, says 14days, not bad for a freebie! Not sure if the software will work on my Mac at home tho?? I hope it does!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back