Double whammy fasting tests?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderBolt

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hey up folks...

I've been running a fasting test today after having 3 lines last night at 10ish. I've only had a thin piece of ham and an equally thin piece of cheese today and plan to go through to 10 tonight but wondered what your thoughts would be on doing another 24 hour session tomorow starting at say 2-3pm. Is it too soon?

I'm not much of an eater so the eating part doesn't worry me. (Just as well as that was the last of the butty ham and I never understand how someone can put one piece back). *Everything else in the house counts.*

Back to the matter. I can't see myself how, but could doing 2 24hour sessions so close (I'm off for a pint on saturday so best not do 3) have any effect on bloods and so make the second run inaccurate?

Ta very much!!!

Debatable really - personally I would give myself a good 2 or 3 days rest in between, as you say, to let my body recoup and get back to 'normal' before having a go at another one.

Big respect to you for doing 24 hour fasts!!! I would truthfully never be able to go that long!

Debatable really - personally I would give myself a good 2 or 3 days rest in between, as you say, to let my body recoup and get back to 'normal' before having a go at another one.

Big respect to you for doing 24 hour fasts!!! I would truthfully never be able to go that long!

Heheh... More of an excuse for me Shiv. I don't like eating unless I have to or had copious amounts of ale!

Thanks for the tip off regarding a break between. Do you know if this is sugar related or just to stop people wasting away?

Heheh... More of an excuse for me Shiv. I don't like eating unless I have to or had copious amounts of ale!

Thanks for the tip off regarding a break between. Do you know if this is sugar related or just to stop people wasting away?

If you starve yourself for too long your liver will start trying to increase its output, I believe, so it might compromise the results. I've never tried a 24 hour fast - only ever for the duration of one meal. Good luck! 🙂

Aye... Makes sense. Cheers Northener!

The only real reason I wanted to get them done so soon was I've got umpteen appointments at hospital, GP and physio next week that turned up out of the blue. Didn't want to risk cancelling due to waiting ages for a new one. I'll do a few shorter ones instead.

Ta both!!!

Aye... Makes sense. Cheers Northener!

The only real reason I wanted to get them done so soon was I've got umpteen appointments at hospital, GP and physio next week that turned up out of the blue. Didn't want to risk cancelling due to waiting ages for a new one. I'll do a few shorter ones instead.

Ta both!!!

This page explains basal testing well, although it is primarily aimed at people on pumps:

http://www.diatribe.us/issues/13/learning-curve.php

Promptly added to favourites...

Thanks again.

Ive always been told not to do more than one fasting day at a time 🙂

Chese on toast and a blob of brown sauce... Fasting over.

I'll do my next on Monday after dinner. Thanks everyone!

This is just a personal thing, I wouldn't even consider a 24 hour fast unless I had a very upset tummy or the doctor thought it was necessary, and even then I'd be questining the doctor as to why it is needed. I know it works for some, so good luck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back