Double hypo last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcLister

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
So I had my Levemir shot at about 11.30pm last night. I was 8.3 which I believe to be fine as my DSN said to try and have the Levemir shot blood sugar above 7 as the blood sugar will go down overnight.

Then at about 1am 🙂p) I went to wash my face and brush my teeth. Part way through I felt my legs were struggling to keep me standing. I didn't really pay any attention to that as I didn't feel hypo. When I finished I went back to my room and checked my blood. I was 3.1. So why did I drop so much so quickly?

I had some Lucozade tablets and some biscuits. I sat in bed listening to music until I felt better. Then at about 2.40am I felt hypo again. So an hour after I took the Lucozade tablets and the biscuits I was hypo again. 3.6 this time round.

So why did I go hypo in the first place and how on earth did I go hypo after an hour?! :confused:

So I had my Levemir shot at about 11.30pm last night. I was 8.3 which I believe to be fine as my DSN said to try and have the Levemir shot blood sugar above 7 as the blood sugar will go down overnight.

Then at about 1am 🙂p) I went to wash my face and brush my teeth. Part way through I felt my legs were struggling to keep me standing. I didn't really pay any attention to that as I didn't feel hypo. When I finished I went back to my room and checked my blood. I was 3.1. So why did I drop so much so quickly?

I had some Lucozade tablets and some biscuits. I sat in bed listening to music until I felt better. Then at about 2.40am I felt hypo again. So an hour after I took the Lucozade tablets and the biscuits I was hypo again. 3.6 this time round.

So why did I go hypo in the first place and how on earth did I go hypo after an hour?! :confused:

Hmm Id be tempted to think you still had some Bolus circulating in your system , it can be for quite a few hours. I have had hypos close together before too but Im not sure why :confused: maybe someone can tell me too lol . I hope you feel better now though Marc 🙂

I was wondering that same thing, perhaps I had Novorapid still going. But I had my dinner shot at 7.25pm. Then did my Levemir at 11.20pm. But I felt hypo at 1.40am this morning.

I wouldn't have thought the Novorapid would have lasted, in any great concentration, from 7.25pm to 11.20pm let alone from 7.25pm to 1.40am?

And yeah I feel better. I had two more Lucosade tablets the second time and 4 biscuits instead of 3!! :D

I had a double hypo last night too!!! First at 1130 then again at 130. It can be quite common to have one hypo after another, very annoying!

Hope you have a better experience tonight.

I was wondering that same thing, perhaps I had Novorapid still going. But I had my dinner shot at 7.25pm. Then did my Levemir at 11.20pm. But I felt hypo at 1.40am this morning.

I wouldn't have thought the Novorapid would have lasted, in any great concentration, from 7.25pm to 11.20pm let alone from 7.25pm to 1.40am?

And yeah I feel better. I had two more Lucosade tablets the second time and 4 biscuits instead of 3!! :D

Ooo you devil you !! think of the Carbs 😱 I think Bolus can lurk up to 5/6 hours -ish but dont quote me on that !! What are your levels like lately , you were going higher last time we spoke , still the same or did you adjust your basal? Hmm is your Basal too much do you think and thats caused the hypo?

Glad you're better now Marc.

Strange one, I doubt this is worth mentioning but maybe. Were you tired when you shot Levemir, the other week I nearly put 18 units of Novorapid in instead of Levemir!! I bet that would have put me down a bit!

Take care

Rossi.

I had a double hypo last night too!!! First at 1130 then again at 130. It can be quite common to have one hypo after another, very annoying!

Hope you have a better experience tonight.
Coincidence? 😛

I normally find with hypos I'll have one at lunch say and then end up too high at dinner as if I took 1 unit less insulin than I should have to compensate.

Ooo you devil you !! think of the Carbs 😱 I think Bolus can lurk up to 5/6 hours -ish but dont quote me on that !! What are your levels like lately , you were going higher last time we spoke , still the same or did you adjust your basal? Hmm is your Basal too much do you think and thats caused the hypo?
Well I had 30g of carbs with the biscuits first time! 30g and I went hypo again 1 hour later! What's with that?

I've had a much better time with my levels this month. July was awful. I only got a target blood sugar for meal times (4-7) 49% of the time. And only target blood sugar for Levemir (7-10) 48% of the time.

So far this month I've had meal times at 78% and Levemir at 91%. 😎

I've been taking 12 units of Levemir at night the last few days as I'm 100% convinced now that my honeymoon is over. When I was first diagnosed I was taking 1 unit of Novorapid for every 15g of carbs. I'm now working on 1:11. So I've upped the Levemir from 8/9 to 12. But this double hypo last night was only the second time in my diabetic life I've been OK for Levemir time but then hypo between then and bed.

Glad you're better now Marc.

Strange one, I doubt this is worth mentioning but maybe. Were you tired when you shot Levemir, the other week I nearly put 18 units of Novorapid in instead of Levemir!! I bet that would have put me down a bit!

Take care

Rossi.
A little tired yes. But I definitely put Levemir into the tank and not Novorapid. :D

Ah sorry that its defo funeral time for your Pancreas Marc :( I thought so when we'd been talking about levels and yours had changed so much suddenly . At least things seem to be settling down ( apart from the double whammy lastnight) Pmsl@ Levemir in the tank lol 😱:D

Is it possible you gave yourself the wrong amount of units of levemir? Or where you more active during the previous day? Hope your feeling better now.🙂Bev

I thought so when we'd been talking about levels and yours had changed so much suddenly . At least things seem to be settling down ( apart from the double whammy lastnight)
I think my honeymoon was on the verge of ending. It was just a case of what time the flight home was.

Pmsl@ Levemir in the tank lol 😱:D
😎

Is it possible you gave yourself the wrong amount of units of levemir?
Nope. I can count to 20 now! 😛

I think my honeymoon was on the verge of ending. It was just a case of what time the flight home was.

Hahaha Hmm my flight was bloody early I think lol 😡

Nope. I can count to 20 now! 😛

you sure about that young man ? 🙄

Sure about counting to 20? 1, 4, 2, 798, 20. There. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back