Dose of Ozempic doubled and the weight is flying off

Micky Mannis

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello folks ive just joined the forum but have been battling Diabetes for 30 years. Im 5ft 9 and very limited to any exercise after a life changing accident 10 years ago and dosed up with Morphine which seen me jump from hovering around 14 / 15 stone to jumping to 21 stone which i hated!! My GP put me on Ozempic 2 years ago and its helped me manage my diabetes a lot better plus i was able to get a few pounds off , she doubled the dose 8 weeks ago and ive 2 stone off and cracking away at it. If you can get on the Ozempic i would recommend it

Welcome to the forum @Micky Mannis

Great to hear you are finding Ozempic so effective for you.

Hopefully the weight loss will help with your blood glucose management. Have you seen improvements in your BG levels alongside the weight loss?

Glad it’s working for you. It did nothing for me, I was on the 1.0mg dose but despite eating small portions my weight and a1c continued to increase. Also had bad headaches so I’ve agreed to completely stop it in case it’s related.

Are you having any side effects ? I moved from 0.25mg to 0.5mg and ended with a very severe side effects. Now I am back to 0.25mg. The weight dropped but no significant improvement in BG levels.

Are you having any side effects ? I moved from 0.25mg to 0.5mg and ended with a very severe side effects. Now I am back to 0.25mg. The weight dropped but no significant improvement in BG levels.

Welcome to the forum @Kk06

How long had you been on the 0.25mg before they doubled it?

I believe it is common to try to increase the doses of ozempic over a fairly extended period (I think that was from the experiences of another member a while back)

Thank you.

I was on 0.25mg for 4 weeks before moving it to 0.50mg. It was the toilet and the bed for a week, completely broke me down. After discussions with the doc, I went back at 0.25mg and at that for many months. We are now discussing to try the move upwards.

Back