Dosage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
Is it usual to take 3 slow release metformin tablets at once??
No.
The drug accumulates, so it's just a constant thing in your body, it doesn't really matter how you take it daily

Hi there
Is it usual to take 3 slow release metformin tablets at once??
Usual, I don't know, but OK, yes - I take 4 at once. If you prefer to split the dose into 1 and 2, or 1 and 1 and 1, that is also OK. Whatever suits you best.. I prefer just one pill-taking session a day.

I take 3 at once have done for years but was advised to take with biggest meal of the day.

I take 2000mg at once every evening

Hello @Karenpv and welcome to the forum.
I think that this is probably a matter of personal choice.
I take 2 tablets and when I was first prescribed ( a long time ago!) my GP suggested 1 at breakfast time and 1 in the evening. The more important point is to take them either with or immediately after a meal.

I see that you are new to the forum. Are you also new to Diabetes?

Usual, I don't know, but OK, yes - I take 4 at once. If you prefer to split the dose into 1 and 2, or 1 and 1 and 1, that is also OK. Whatever suits you best.. I prefer just one pill-taking session a day.
Thank you that's very helpful.

Hello @Karenpv and welcome to the forum.
I think that this is probably a matter of personal choice.
I take 2 tablets and when I was first prescribed ( a long time ago!) my GP suggested 1 at breakfast time and 1 in the evening. The more important point is to take them either with or immediately after a meal.

I see that you are new to the forum. Are you also new to Diabetes?
I was diagnosed nearly 5 years but have only just started taking metformin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back