Don't you just hate it when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
You've been looking forward all day to your lovely long relaxing bubble bath, to be followed with a girly evening playing with loads of lotions and potions before putting on your new fluffy pjs.....when minutes in you realise that you're really quite hypo so have to abandon the bubbles, quickly get dressed and go down some juice....not happy!:(

I must admit, appealing as it sounds (apart from the hypo!) I have never experienced such an evening! 🙂 Hoping you got to do a 'Take Two'! 🙂

Aymes

There is only one thing worse...

Is coming home after a day working at the kennels, you've spent all day either outside, working with freezing cold water or inside where the temp is still freezing you are totally and utterly chilled right through to the bone...

As you drive home all you want is to get through the front door, hot coffee and into a lush steaming hot bath....

Only to find out one of the kids have taken all the flippen hot water ahhhhhh

You've been looking forward all day to your lovely long relaxing bubble bath, to be followed with a girly evening playing with loads of lotions and potions before putting on your new fluffy pjs.....when minutes in you realise that you're really quite hypo so have to abandon the bubbles, quickly get dressed and go down some juice....not happy!:(

I'm getting confused, whats the difference between hypo therapy and hydro therapy :confused:🙄🙂

aymes,

I always seem to get hypo with a hot bath too. Only have baths in winter, must admit it puts me off them a little now 😡 always make sure oh in the house if i have one now.

and luke warm baths are not the same!!!:(

I haven't tried this but I'm thinking that if there is a chance of hypo whilst having a nice hot yummy bubbly bath then maybe it should be preceded by some nice yummy gorgeous chocolates that can be consumed withou guilt and eaten whiltst the bath i s running and the candles are being lit and the fluffy towels beibg prepared.......oh dear am I getting carried away with lovely thoughts????

Hmmmm just decided that I am going to do this in few days........something very nice to look forward especially as I was bought some of my favourite lotions and potions for my birthday

Northener if you've never tried this type of night in you're missing out............and I'm sure that lots of type of pampering also prevents man flu🙄

Hmmmm just decided that I am going to do this in few days........something very nice to look forward especially as I was bought some of my favourite lotions and potions for my birthday

Northener if you've never tried this type of night in you're missing out............and I'm sure that lots of type of pampering also prevents man flu🙄

I haven't had a bath since 2004! 😉 That was when I broke my leg and wasn't safe to stand up in the shower. My bath takes about a week to fill, so I have avoided it since then. Mind you, if it protects against man-flu then I might have to reconsider! 🙂

I haven't had a bath since 2004! 😉 That was when I broke my leg and wasn't safe to stand up in the shower. My bath takes about a week to fill, so I have avoided it since then. Mind you, if it protects against man-flu then I might have to reconsider! 🙂

Northerner get the pegs out and hand them round quick LOL😱
gail

This has got me thinking... I might have big gas bills but if I have 3 or 4 baths a day, can I lob my insulin in the wheely bin?!?

I'm joining Northe's club, I haven't had a bath for a looooong time, too long to remember.🙂

Oh no I love my bath :D. Cant live without it (well obviously I could but would rather not 🙄)... I sometimes go in and for get to come back out...

I'm starting to love my bath again.

Pre-diagnosis I had started dreading taking one. I can't quite put my finger on why but I often got far too hot and my skin kept 'prickling'.

Post-diagnosis and weight loss, nice hot(ish) baths no longer affect me badly any more.

In fact! I think I'm going to have one now! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back