Don't visit your GP, use your mobile phone for a check-up instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Patients will be told to use mobile phones ?apps? to monitor their health at home rather than seeing a doctor or nurse.
Cancer sufferers, pregnant women and those with diabetes, lung problems and heart disease will be urged to take daily measurements and text them into a central computer system.
Their results will be analysed and within a few minutes they will be sent a reply advising them on what treatment to take.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...e-phone-check-instead-.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

So, who's going to pay for me to have a smartphone and associated mobile contract for something like this? There seems to be a lot going around these days that seems to assume that everyone has a smartphone or tablet 🙄

I don't have a smart phone either!

Given that everyone's diabetes is so different - I do worry about what advise they may send back. On the other hand if the daily results were showing someone persistantly high that may make some one up to the treatment not working.

Before long we will be getting our scripts from robots.🙄

It would never happen in my surgery they have only just got there heads around the automatic door system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back