dont go short over xmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Alright so tis nearly the time for santa to come down ourchimneys,so i though i would just post a friendly warning to you all, PLEASE make sure you all have enught meds, pills, insulin whatever over the xmas period I dont know about where all you guys live but my docs is closed when my chemist is open and vice versa,I ve been today and picked up the last bit of my script and im geared up till the 24th jan (all being well) anyways just thought id give a heads up id hate for anyone to be short over xmas and find it a struggle.

Thanks for the reminder Steff. I've just put my script in so should have enough stuff to keep me going until mid-January!🙂

Katie, are you listening? Will you have enough stuff for Oz?

Thanks for the reminder Steff. It is having enough of everything that makes the difference between the whole thing being a success or not. Everyone has been worrying about presnts food and where overnight guests are going to sleep, but our pills potions and pumps are important too.

Steff, you're fab. Thank you for the reminder. I hadn't even thought of it! Stupid I know but pregnancy hormones turning my brain into mush at the moment! Will sort it out today, thank you. x

yup with so many other worries over xmas we sometimes forget , like caroline said its so important we have all the things we need .

I am upto date and so are all my family... good reminder though to check paracetamol and ibrophen supplys cos there are 5 of us we can get through quite a few!

Cheers Steff thank's for reminder Just checked need to put in scrip.

Stocked up until 6th January! But always have plenty of insulin in stock, together with needles and test strips, oh and BuTrans patches!

Many thanks. It has reminded me to make a GP appointment as I am allowed more syringes but NOT insulin! Wish it was because I had been cured!!!

Good one Steff!

I did all mine yesterday. I got an early delivery from Medtronic for my pump supplies as I bet a lot of people will after the first slots in January. I got some more insulin yesterday. I am missing test strips because they have mucked up my prescription 2 times last week! GRRRRR! But my pharmacist has leant me a pot of 50 to keep me going for a few days and he is sorting it. Phew.

Its a really good reminder- so many people find themselves in dire straits this time of year!

Cheers Steff I need a kick in the rear I wreckon I'll run out of needles the week of Christmas! But everything else is groovy baby!

Lou, don't you go blowing up another pump now😉

Cheers Steff I need a kick in the rear I wreckon I'll run out of needles the week of Christmas! But everything else is groovy baby!

Lou, don't you go blowing up another pump now😉

Oh yeah! I bloody well hope not!!!! Im starting to think I am very "static"!

Ive got shed loads of stuff in, Ive been hoarding a bit and using stuff longer than I should. I'm a bit of a hamster!

I plan on putting in a script for new supplies next week.

I got a month's worth of supplies yesterday.

hopefully by saturday ill have enough stuff to keep me going. Will have nearly 10 boxes of strips due to being late picking one up and then being cheeky and putting in the xmas order. Also got enough needles and insulin to sink a battleship :D

Thanks Steff, I hadn't even thought about it. I've just put a repeat in, but I'll have to do a bit of adding up to see if it'll last me through the festive season.

I put my 'script in today too to collect items next week but a reminder never goes amiss at this time of the year - thanks for the thought, Steff.

Thanks for the reminder Steff. I've just put my script in so should have enough stuff to keep me going until mid-January!🙂

Katie, are you listening? Will you have enough stuff for Oz?

Gahh when will the docs/chemists be closed or open over christmas?

Thanks for the reminder, i will have a look and see how much stuff I have got left. I should be sorted for insulin, a box lasts me 5 months, might need some needles.
It's the gabapentin that i can't run out of, would not want withdrawals over christmas.

For chemist & GP opening times over Christmas and New Year, you need to look at local arrangements, often posters in chemists' windows, local newspapers, local radio stations etc - remember bank holidays are shifted because Boxing Day is on a Saturday and Scotland has an extra bank holiday, on Mon 4th Jan, in lieu of Sat 2nd Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back