Does anyone know of a company who delivers pre-cooked meals for Diabetes type 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veebee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know a company who will deliver pre-cooked meals for type 1 diabetics, trying to loose weight?

Most people with type 1 will eat a normal carb diet and if you were trying to loose weight it would be the same as non-diabetics would to loose weight

Yes - eat less of whatever you eat at the moment which is leading to weight gain - AND increase exercise - just adjust your insulin accordingly. No idea whether you've been taught to do this - so have you, since you've never told us 'your story'.

Does anyone know a company who will deliver pre-cooked meals for type 1 diabetics, trying to loose weight?

Welcome @Veebee 🙂 Do your circumstances mean you’re unable to cook for yourself? If so, and you’re having to order meals in, then just choose the ones that suit your diet and adjust your insulin as appropriate.

You could also use something like MyFitnessPal that will have a target daily calorie level for you and allow you to log your food.

How long have you had Type 1? Do you have a pump or are you on MDI? What insulins do you take?

If so, and you’re having to order meals in, then just choose the ones that suit your diet and adjust your insulin as appropriate.
That seems the only practical solution. The market for meals specifically for people with type 1 seems obviously too small to exist. [Edit: I'm sure the market exists. I mean it's too small for anyone to try supplying.]

That seems the only practical solution. The market for meals specifically for people with type 1 seems obviously too small to exist. [Edit: I'm sure the market exists. I mean it's too small for anyone to try supplying.]

Guess if anyone tried to start company they would soon be out of business.

To lose weight just eat fewer calories, exercising also helps.

Wiltshire Farm Foods have a good range of meals and I'm sure you would find suitable dishes to suit.

To help lose weight, focus on the Carbs rather than Calories and keep them down. As a T1/LADA I have to keep the Carbs down to control both BS and weight despite being reasonably slim. Whilst some T1s can eat 'normal meals' I certainly can't despite high insulin doses.

Welcome to the forum @Veebee

As others have said, there isn’t a specific diet for people with T1 diabetes. We just need to eat a normal healthy diet, and match insulin accordingly.

So I think you could choose any provider you thought appealing?Even things like weight watchers ready meals in supermarkets?

I am also curious as to why you are looking for pre-prepared options. If you were able to make the meals yourself from fresh ingredients, they would be far less processed, cheaper, and probably better for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back