Does anyone follow the Glucose Goddess on insta? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyR

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have recently been put on to @glucosegoddess on instagram - does anyone else follow her? She has some - what I think are - great hacks for balancing your blood glucose levels. She's a PhD and backs all of her info with scientific papers. BUT I don't know if it is the same for normal people as it is for people with diabetes?
I have Type 2 Diabetes - newly diagnosed - trying to figure out new eating patterns to help my levels the best I can..
She says' things like - Eat Veg before any Carbs - so eat your food in order - Veg, Protein, Fat, then carbs. Always combine carbs with something (if you eat carbs) - slows the impact on your sugar levels. Drink water after eating - not during - as it also slows the rise in sugar levels.. and do exercise after a meal. (Which I know is good thing to do)

Also I am in Vietnam on holiday for a couple of months - realising that EVERYTHING has sugar in it or on it... so starting to cook for myself now...
Also taken up boxing training 3 times a week, so fingers crossed that will also help with weight loss - altho I'm def trying to focus more on glucose balance than weight loss..

I don't have any way of monitoring my blood sugars and I don't have any symptoms. How do you know if you're doing it right??!

I"m on Metformin (twice a day), HbA1c 54, aged 44..
x

I haven't heard of her but will follow, thanks! I recently read a bunch of the books from here and it has really helped me understand my condition better (type 1, not type 2).

I have recently been put on to @glucosegoddess on instagram - does anyone else follow her? She has some - what I think are - great hacks for balancing your blood glucose levels. She's a PhD and backs all of her info with scientific papers. BUT I don't know if it is the same for normal people as it is for people with diabetes?
I have Type 2 Diabetes - newly diagnosed - trying to figure out new eating patterns to help my levels the best I can..
She says' things like - Eat Veg before any Carbs - so eat your food in order - Veg, Protein, Fat, then carbs. Always combine carbs with something (if you eat carbs) - slows the impact on your sugar levels. Drink water after eating - not during - as it also slows the rise in sugar levels.. and do exercise after a meal. (Which I know is good thing to do)

Also I am in Vietnam on holiday for a couple of months - realising that EVERYTHING has sugar in it or on it... so starting to cook for myself now...
Also taken up boxing training 3 times a week, so fingers crossed that will also help with weight loss - altho I'm def trying to focus more on glucose balance than weight loss..

I don't have any way of monitoring my blood sugars and I don't have any symptoms. How do you know if you're doing it right??!

I"m on Metformin (twice a day), HbA1c 54, aged 44..
x
You won't really know you are doing it right until you get your next HbA1C test unless you have a blood glucose monitor and can keep an eye on the effect of foods and keep a track of day to day or week to week levels.
It is more tricky when on holiday if you hadn't previously got into a lower carb routine and I expect it might not be all that easy to decipher nutritional information on foods in Vietnam.
This link may help with some ideas for meals if you can find the ingredients where you are. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

You won't really know you are doing it right until you get your next HbA1C test unless you have a blood glucose monitor and can keep an eye on the effect of foods and keep a track of day to day or week to week levels.
It is more tricky when on holiday if you hadn't previously got into a lower carb routine and I expect it might not be all that easy to decipher nutritional information on foods in Vietnam.
This link may help with some ideas for meals if you can find the ingredients where you are. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

Spiders, scorpions, worms, Iizards......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back