Does anyone else do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Each time after annual review, foot check etc and discussion with nurse which is usually fine and the nurses are lovely However I am so nervous and relieved in equal measure. I go out and buy a large bar of chocolate and a coffee, sit in a cafe and breath out knowing that the chocolate isn't exactly diabetic friendly. I then justify it to myself as it's only twice a year (two appoinments) and diabetes is a lifelong thing so once in a while isn't the end of the world. Well that's what I say to myself.

Can't argue with that, like chocolate like coffee.

After having fasting bloods done use to have a dirty big greasy fry up, not done it last few times mind.

I used to go to a coffee shop and have an almond croissant and a coffee. (Not an unusual thing for me to have, but unusual for breakfast.)
I did think about an almond croissant, but the bar of chocolate caught my eye. I knew I wouldn't be alone in this behaviour.

Oh of course we all do this ha ha ha !

I make it into an event to go for a treat after my blood test. I always go and have a nice coffee (I usually drink black or an Americano with a splash of milk). I had a Flat White and a toasted teacake this time! I don't really like chocolate enough to want a bar. Mind you, this treat wasn't particularly daring...my numbers didn't do anything remotely exciting. My friend dared me to have a jam doughnut! I thought that would be unwise though !

Hope you enjoyed your chocolate and savoured every moment!

Oh of course we all do this ha ha ha !

I make it into an event to go for a treat after my blood test. I always go and have a nice coffee (I usually drink black or an Americano with a splash of milk). I had a Flat White and a toasted teacake this time! I don't really like chocolate enough to want a bar. Mind you, this treat wasn't particularly daring...my numbers didn't do anything remotely exciting. My friend dared me to have a jam doughnut! I thought that would be unwise though !

Hope you enjoyed your chocolate and savoured every moment!
Thank you and glad you enjoyed your
teacake. The excitement of my moment was increased when I couldn’t get the wrapping off the chocolate. I was getting more and mire frantic trying to pull it off. I blame Diabetes.

Oh I like this thinking, my next test is December so maybe a mince pie and a gingerbread latte 🙂

Threads like this are why I love this place. We work so hard most of the time, and we are only human so a treat like this after a twice yearly test is really important 🙂 x

There was a group of ladies at my Slimming World class about 20 years ago, who would always head to the chippy for a fish supper after weigh-in. But this was every week, not just occasionally :rofl:
I reckon I am due a treat. Cooplands should be due to get their Bailey's choux buns soon with Christmas on the horizon and I shall indulge in one of those x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back