Dodgy sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
My last sensor displayed this message after around 9 days. That’s weird I thought but replaced the sensor … it’s just happened again after 3 days. Seems odd to have 2 in a row after never having it before ? Anyone get this message ? I’ve done nothing differently

Attachments

• 2D8A2F37-C60F-4489-A931-66F6EC6FD250.jpeg
    2D8A2F37-C60F-4489-A931-66F6EC6FD250.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 6
If you get two in a row, it is likely they were from the same manufacturing batch with the same manufacturing fault.
I no longer use Libre but when I did I would often get a little run like that and then everything would run fine for months.

I experience similar with my current CGM.

My last sensor displayed this message after around 9 days. That’s weird I thought but replaced the sensor … it’s just happened again after 3 days. Seems odd to have 2 in a row after never having it before ? Anyone get this message ? I’ve done nothing differently
Make sure you report it to Abbott, they will send out free replacements to you.

I have had many faulty sensors. All replaced by Abbott. I think that they have no Quality Control.

Never had a faulty replacement

I have had many faulty sensors. All replaced by Abbott. I think that they have no Quality Control.
I think I've only had a couple (over a few years now). Weird: some people need to return 1 in 3 or something, and others (like me) almost none. I suspect something to do with the people rather than their QC (which is consistent with some people finding Dexcom sensors work much better for them, and some finding that Libre works better than Dexcom: there's something about the way the sensors work that interacts with some people better or worse).

Thanks everyone. I had a run of ones that kept running really low after about 5 days. Not this particular problem though

Weird: some people need to return 1 in 3 or something, and others (like me) almost none.
Come to think of it, perhaps that's just what we'd expect with a random distribution of faulty sensors: there would be a small number who see a whole lot and a small number who'd see almost none. And with a relatively low rate of faulty sensors the skew would be that only a few people would see a lot, and most people would have the experience of rarely seeing a faulty one. (I still think there's something to do with different people's bodies, but I'm less convinced that that's definitely the case.)

Last time I emailed them but the response I got I seem to remember involved far too much effort on my part lol. Maybe it’s different now.
The online form (https://www.freestyle.abbott/uk-en/support/online-sensor-support.html) is really easy to complete and doesn’t make you jump through hoops. If you are reporting inaccurate readings then I have had an email back from them in the form of several questions, asking for more details, but that was ok to complete and resulted in a replacement sensor being sent out in return for sending back the faulty one in the packing they supplied.

The same message was on my reader 2 days ago. I had not had that before. I reported it and they are sending a replacement sensor. So far the sensor I put on is ok but only a few days since started this one.

I think I've only had a couple (over a few years now). Weird: some people need to return 1 in 3 or something, and others (like me) almost none. I suspect something to do with the people rather than their QC (which is consistent with some people finding Dexcom sensors work much better for them, and some finding that Libre works better than Dexcom: there's something about the way the sensors work that interacts with some people better or worse).
How can it be due to the people involved when you get no problems for perhaps 75% of a sensors life, and then it tells you it is faulty and you must change it. I never get a problem with a replacement by Abbott so I think they QC them

One if life's mystery why some have nowt but trouble with libre where others don't.

Except at start very rarely report sensors nowadays as have so few issues with device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back