doctors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
i;m going away for Christmas tommorow but my doctors seem to be refussing to give what i need saying thats its too early they refused twice without even contacting me

In my experience, these decisions are not made by the doctor but by someone in the office who is just following the guidelines.
Whilst they are currently very busy at the moment, I find the respond well to a pleading phone call where I explain my situation and ask if they can make an exception.
I explain I am desperate and am careful not to blame the person I am talking to (if I find myself getting angry, I stop, apologise and tell them I know it is not their fault).

I am not a fan of using the phone but find I can express more emotion verbally than written ... and I know I will get a response.

Did you actually tell them why you were needing your supplies early?

Do you have online access to your surgeries IT system? This enables you to place orders from your prescription list including exceptions. It avoids phone calls and the request goes straight to the GP/Nurse who handles scripts. I'm assuming you are looking for more meds?

Do you have online access to your surgeries IT system? This enables you to place orders from your prescription list including exceptions. It avoids phone calls and the request goes straight to the GP/Nurse who handles scripts. I'm assuming you are looking for more meds?
In my experience the online requests are easier to decline than a pleading phone call.
I always start with the online request with an explanation why I am ordering early and then follow up with a phone call if that doesn't work.

In my experience, these decisions are not made by the doctor but by someone in the office who is just following the guidelines.
Whilst they are currently very busy at the moment, I find the respond well to a pleading phone call where I explain my situation and ask if they can make an exception.
I explain I am desperate and am careful not to blame the person I am talking to (if I find myself getting angry, I stop, apologise and tell them I know it is not their fault).

I am not a fan of using the phone but find I can express more emotion verbally than written ... and I know I will get a response.
The receptionist told me it was the doctors decision. The thing is they didnt tell me they wernt going to until i rang the up and they just said the doctor wasnt goin

Mine has two options.
Normal repeat prescription on a minimum of 21 days apart, so it's easy to get in hand with them, and a further option of a free text box to ask for exceptions. I used the second option if I was going into the surgery during the shutdowns, to collect early.
No problems getting my meds on either option.

I find the online system works well with the free text "custom request" as there is a clear means of communicating why something different is needed, to the person making the decision, rather than going through a third party like a receptionist who may be stressed/overworked and forget to pass on the message. The online system works really well at my GP surgery and saves sitting on the phone for ages waiting to get through.

I used the orderline first.
Sorry I don't know what that is, I'm not sure where in the UK you are but I'm in Scotland so not only do the 2 nations use different methods of ordering in some cases, I also get most of my supplies every 2 months and the 3 items I do have on repeat I use Patient Services to request and there is an option to add comments so if I had only ordered them recently but was needing due to going away I'd add that note

In my experience the online requests are easier to decline than a pleading phone call.
I always start with the online request with an explanation why I am ordering early and then follow up with a phone call if that doesn't work.
Hi again. Have you spoken to your surgery Practice Manager or your PPG people. I'm a member of our surgery PPG (Patient Participation Group) and we have meetings with the Practice Manager where issues like this can be raised.

Hi again. Have you spoken to your surgery Practice Manager or your PPG people. I'm a member of our surgery PPG (Patient Participation Group) and we have meetings with the Practice Manager where issues like this can be raised.
Well after 3 calls to the my suegery and 2 vists to the pharmacy i got stuff. Form what i gathered they didnt seem realised that they wasnt a stardetd daily amount i used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back