Doctors can't tell Covid apart from common cold anymore because it's so mild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Doctors say that Covid has become much milder now because almost everyone has immunity against it from vaccination or previous infection. Both colds and covid are caused by coronavirus. Despite what many still believe, coronavirus is not Covid19, they are two separate things.

New variants have also emerged, which appear to have made the virus more infectious but less deadly.

Last edited:
This is pretty much what scientists were saying would happen when the pandemic was at it's height. I did read somewhere that the virus responsible for the so-called Russian Flu pandemic at the end of the 19th century was still around but these days causes no worse illness than the common cold.

I agree that the colds are caused by coronaviruses, but most colds are due to rhinoviruses. There are about 100 viruses that cause the symptoms of colds.

When i yad covid last year i considered myself very lucky as a cold is much worse for me. All i did through my covid was an ache in my legs for about 24 hours then sleep and eat for a few days. Yeah i eat with a cold but cant sleep from the cold symptons and have a streaming nose that runs faster than the river severns bore!

Three weeks ago I visited the surgery. A nurse took all the fluids, weight, height, feet etc then told me I will be telephoned in two weeks time by my DSN.
The next day I came down hard with Covid. My wife followed the next day. I had contracted Covid at the surgery during my visit.
Never had Covid before but for a few hours I felt ill. Ten days later tested negative. It wasn’t as bad as I had feared but for a few hours on the first day I was very stiff and couldn’t eat my evening meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back