Doctor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Who should you speak to if you have problems with the doctor/receptionist and your prescription ?

My sis has just had trouble with hers and im now dreading putting mine in.

I'm going on holiday and I want extra just in case.... doesnt look like that is going to happen!

Try to find out where the problem is, if it's the receptionist not wanting to give you something then you should speak to the doctor. might be that they are told to only prescribe a certain amount of medications without the approval of the doctor. If it's the doctor then you coudl get your DSN/consultant from the hospital to speak/write to them to let them know what you need.

If you want extra for holiday then I would suggest attatchign a short note explaining this, I'm sure this happens all the time.

Hope you don't run into the expected problems

I wrote a letter of complaint to the practice manager about my prescription mess at one point, and it was all sorted out.

Make a telephone appointment with your doctor and explain what you need and why when they call back. If that doesn't sort it, then complain to the PCT. It's common practice for people to need a prescription before they go on holiday, especially if they'd be due a repeat sometime soon anyway. It shouldn't be an issue.

Doc

Aggh i hate my docs !

Finally getting my sugar levels under control due to testing more etc. My Doc used to give me 1 box extra so i could test more and keep a check on what they were doing. But he's just left.
He has now left and i put in my prescription yesterday and today got a phone call from the surgery asking why i wrote down more i wanted x2 more strip boxes that were on my prescription. So i tried explaining that i test more at the moment while i am trying to get it sorted and that Lou and i are both diabetics and that we cant always get to the chemist or docs to put prescription in.
Then she told me exactly what was on my prescription and that i get 'enough' as it.
OMG , I feel as if saying BOLLOCKS to them all atm.
This is why i hate going to see 'Professionals' about my health etc, as the undermine you all the time.
For me to take control of my diabetes instead of diabetes controlling me i need to test more, I really really want to get this sorted!
I hate the way they treat me as if i don't know what i am doing. AGGH I HATE IT!

Aggh i hate my docs !

Finally getting my sugar levels under control due to testing more etc. My Doc used to give me 1 box extra so i could test more and keep a check on what they were doing. But he's just left.
He has now left and i put in my prescription yesterday and today got a phone call from the surgery asking why i wrote down more i wanted x2 more strip boxes that were on my prescription. So i tried explaining that i test more at the moment while i am trying to get it sorted and that Lou and i are both diabetics and that we cant always get to the chemist or docs to put prescription in.
Then she told me exactly what was on my prescription and that i get 'enough' as it.
OMG , I feel as if saying BOLLOCKS to them all atm.
This is why i hate going to see 'Professionals' about my health etc, as the undermine you all the time.
For me to take control of my diabetes instead of diabetes controlling me i need to test more, I really really want to get this sorted!
I hate the way they treat me as if i don't know what i am doing. AGGH I HATE IT!

can you see another doctor and get him/her to up your prescription? i would be livid if i was told i got 'enough' - like i'm taking them off someone else?? okay i just won't test, then the NHS can pay for me to have an amputation and for the dialysis i'll need...oh and the cost of me going blind. OKAY MMHMM.

i am fed up of snotty receptionists thinking they know it all!

Was it the receptionist calling or a doctor/nurse? If it wasn't a professional then it might be worth trying to get an appointment to explain why you are testing the amount that you are. I think people don't often realise how many tests are needed and once you explain the reasoning and how you use the information they understand. Hope you get it sorted.

I dont know who it was they never actually said what they do at the surgery.
We havent even had a letter from the surgery telling us that our doctor has left and who are new one is going to be. Yet we know hes left!
Its ridiculous!

can you see another doctor and get him/her to up your prescription? i would be livid if i was told i got 'enough' - like i'm taking them off someone else?? okay i just won't test, then the NHS can pay for me to have an amputation and for the dialysis i'll need...oh and the cost of me going blind. OKAY MMHMM.

i am fed up of snotty receptionists thinking they know it all!

I know its ridiculous!!!!!
I think ill try that

It is hard to get your head around how many strips a patient needs when you don't inject insulin yourself, i've been guilty of quirying that myself (mostly coz i have to pay for mine anyway and couldn't see why we give stuff away free to patients...it's ok, thanks to you guys i'm not so stingy anymore).
Anyway, the receptionist may have been working in the surgery for years but probably doesn't keep up to date with all the latest treatments and research, he or she isn't medically trained either, that's why there are doctors and there are receptionists. he or she may think they know about the treatment of diabetes, but the point is, they probably only know about the treatment as it was 20 years ago. That's also why receptionists arn't allowed to write prescriptions (and there are no plans to let them either...). If there's a problem with your prescription you should always talk to the doctor, he's the only person who can write it and the only person who can change it.

Too many? What? Can you get addicted to blood testing or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back