Doctor living with diabetes gives advice to people in Merthyr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A doctor who has Type 2 Diabetes is urging people in Merthyr to change their lifestyles to stop the growing problem in the town.

At a Diabetes UK roadshow last month, more than half of the people who attended were found to be at risk of developing the disease.

Of the 242 people seen at the roadshow in Merthyr’s Market Square, a shocking 142 were referred to their doctor for further tests and support because of their likelihood of developing Type 2 Diabetes.

Dr Jonathan Richards, 59, has lived in Merthyr for 33 years and works as a GP at Morlais Medical Practice.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/doctor-living-diabetes-gives-advice-7897515

He sounds like a very caring Dr. Have a read about what he says about fat surrounding liver ! I know what I would be doing 😉

Interesting. That chimes very closely with my experience.

I think that the exercise regime mentioned (i.e. intense activity followed by not so intense) is possibly the one which works best. However, my daily brisk walk had the same effect on my fatty liver and was more in keeping with my exercise style.

The last scan on my liver showed that it was completely clear of any fatty deposits and there was no scarring.

Andy 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back