Do you listen to the gernal adviseof don't excise when ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So I remember it being said back when I was on DAFNE it was said don't excise when your unwell. I'm am feeling run down I've come down with may have a sign of something else which if it doesn't go away I'll try and go to the doctors next week.

I would rather not cancel work tomorrow and the weekend because i at this time of year I've bound to get a few things(I've always been prone to picking up colds and things) and if I cancelled things everything there was something wrong with me I would barely do anything
I just wondered if you generally followed that advise or have you heard it before.

I know I have gone for out for walks when ill before

I tend to listen to my body and decide how much energy I've got. If I’m not feeling dire, like you do if you’re running a temperature, if I think I’ve got enough energy for a walk, then I’d go for one, or I often go out into the garden with the intention of doing something light, and then discover I've got the energy to tackle a bit of heavy pruning, but then if I start feeling tired, I’ll stop. What I don’t do when I’m ill is push myself to do some heavy exercise that would tire me out if I was feeling 100%, and I don’t exercise if I’m feeling shivery, sweaty or achey, ie if I've got a fever.

I tend to listen to my body and decide how much energy I've got. If I’m not feeling dire, like you do if you’re running a temperature, if I think I’ve got enough energy for a walk, then I’d go for one, or I often go out into the garden with the intention of doing something light, and then discover I've got the energy to tackle a bit of heavy pruning, but then if I start feeling tired, I’ll stop. What I don’t do when I’m ill is push myself to do some heavy exercise that would tire me out if I was feeling 100%, and I don’t exercise if I’m feeling shivery, sweaty or achey, ie if I've got a fever.
I just wondered if they meant something was likely to happen if you excise when ill. I do feel archy and run down now but did skip breakfast today and did only end having a light lunch so that may have combeirtated things so I'll probably see how I get on tomorrow properlly a bit too late to cancel now anyway and take some pain killers(maybe I'll feel a bit better tomorrow morning) as it's an elf role it is fairly active). I checked my temperature ealiuer it was find.

I just wondered if they meant something was likely to happen if you excise when ill. I do feel archy and run down now but did skip breakfast today and did only end having a light lunch so that may have combeirtated things so I'll probably see how I get on tomorrow properlly a bit too late to cancel now anyway and take some pain killers(maybe I'll feel a bit better tomorrow morning) as it's an elf role it is fairly active). I checked my temperature ealiuer it was find.
Athough work does actually tend to make me tired anyway. I don't relise until the end of the shift. But when I've pain from the I still the pain that that a and e decided was a muslular thing a couple of weeks ago it actually more bothers me between the visits because I'm busy with at other times so my bain doesn't have much space to tell me about it

I think if your liver is dumping extra glucose out to help you through the illness, and you aren’t able to keep up with it with extra insulin, the DAFNE course might assume you’re not going to be able to cope with levels raising even more if you embark on a heavy exercise session. If your levels stay steady even though you’re pushing through feeling off colour, then you’re OK.

I think if your liver is dumping extra glucose out to help you through the illness, and you aren’t able to keep up with it with extra insulin, the DAFNE course might assume you’re not going to be able to cope with levels raising even more if you embark on a heavy exercise session. If your levels stay steady even though you’re pushing through feeling off colour, then you’re OK.
Well okay I wouldn't call my job heavy excisee just on my feet alot. And they still dropped today after my lunch bolus has worn off(which carlly wasn't enough). Due to too much background.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back