Do you have diabetes? Do you even know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
(Raises hand - I know! 😉)

Almost one in 70 people in the UK are living with undiagnosed Type 2 diabetes and so are missing out on vital health checks, according to Diabetes UK.

According to analysis to mark the start of Diabetes Week,one person on a full double decker bus would be likely to have an undiagnosed case of the condition.

With an estimated 850,000 cases of undiagnosed cases of Type 2 diabetes in the UK, about one in every 74 has an undiagnosed case of the condition. This means that most people will have a friend or family member who has the condition but does not know it.

Diabetes UK is urging people to get risk assessed to find out if they are at high risk, because the longer it is left untreated, the greater the risk of devastating complications such as amputation, blindness, kidney failure and stroke.

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/community/do-you-have-diabetes-do-you-even-know-1-3942783

I always have to say when the Vampire insists on measuring my waist - 'Oh no - am I likely to be a candidate for T2D now? - That would be a bummer!'

And she never cracks her face .....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back