Do I have Diabetes or Not? Part Two: The Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Benbow

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
So by now, many of you are familiar with my posts asking questions about Diabetes. You may recall that I told you my numbers on my first posting. They were the following:

Trigs 210
Fasting blood glucose 130 mg/dl
BP 151/83 (and I mentioned this was because of nerves)
Weight: 75.1 KG
BMI: 25.1
Height: 173 cm thereabouts

Well, today I got the answer about whether I have diabetes. The answer is No! I'm so relieved. Here are my numbers as of Saturday:

Trigs: down to 73
Fasting Glucose: down to 93
A1C: 4.8
HDL: went up from 45 to 54
Weight: down to 59.6 kg (they didn't test this, but on Friday I weighed myself)
BMI: down 19.9 (they didn't test this, but that is what I found out online)

I have written in other posts about my strategy to beat the beast of diabetes, but one thing I will say is I am very thankful to this community and the youtube videos of Dr.Berg, Dr. Eckberg, Dr. Fung, Dr. Dhand, Glucose Goddess, Dr. Berry, Dr. Grundy and the Beat Diabetes guy. The knowledge of how to beat this thing is out there, and if we treat our bodies as we would a Ferrari giving it proper fuel, and trying to take care of it with basic maintenance often, I think we will get more mileage out of it, and hopefully not have to lose parts. Keep grinding everyone. You got this.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So by now, many of you are familiar with my posts asking questions about Diabetes. You may recall that I told you my numbers on my first posting. They were the following:

Trigs 210
Fasting blood glucose 130 mg/dl
BP 151/83 (and I mentioned this was because of nerves)
Weight: 75.1 KG
BMI: 25.1
Height: 173 cm thereabouts

Well, today I got the answer about whether I have diabetes. The answer is No! I'm so relieved. Here are my numbers as of Saturday:

Trigs: down to 73
Fasting Glucose: down to 93
A1C: 4.8
HDL: went up from 45 to 54
Weight: down to 59.6 kg (they didn't test this, but on Friday I weighed myself)
BMI: down 19.9 (they didn't test this, but that is what I found out online)

I have written in other posts about my strategy to beat the beast of diabetes, but one thing I will say is I am very thankful to this community and the youtube videos of Dr.Berg, Dr. Eckberg, Dr. Fung, Dr. Dhand, Glucose Goddess, Dr. Berry, Dr. Grundy and the Beat Diabetes guy. The knowledge of how to beat this thing is out there, and if we treat our bodies as we would a Ferrari giving it proper fuel, and trying to take care of it with basic maintenance often, I think we will get more mileage out of it, and hopefully not have to lose parts. Keep grinding everyone. You got this.
Terrific achievement and result, well done.

Many congratulations on a really great set of results. Now it is just a question of finding a sustainable maintenance level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back