Do I continue taking my BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddyken

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
What’s your thoughts, so was advised Pre-D about 6 weeks ago, I was ‘ 9 ‘ , started doing my own BS about 3 weeks ago,,started at 8.4, since then I’ve been ‘ 6’ and 5 70% of the time , going down to 4 , I’ve tested before and after food and nothing changes the numbers , to me that means I’m not affected by certain foods. I’ve made lots of changes and very happy to continue with the changes going forward. Do I need to continue doing my BS ?

Probably not. At the least you could reduce testing a lot (perhaps just test once in a while just to make sure nothing's changed, or perhaps test if you're trying some new food just to make sure that doesn't do anything surprising).
Good idea, maybe drop to once a day every 3rd for the next week,I’m starting the Diabetic course NHS next week, I will still attend .It’s been a bit confusing for me as not actually spoke to my GP , advised Pre-D by text, this group has been invaluable , I’ve learned so much and it’s certainly been a wake up call.

What’s your thoughts, so was advised Pre-D about 6 weeks ago, I was ‘ 9 ‘ , started doing my own BS about 3 weeks ago,,started at 8.4, since then I’ve been ‘ 6’ and 5 70% of the time , going down to 4 , I’ve tested before and after food and nothing changes the numbers , to me that means I’m not affected by certain foods. I’ve made lots of changes and very happy to continue with the changes going forward. Do I need to continue doing my BS ?
Hello,

As a T1. I wouldn’t monitor my diagnosis any less than I would drive in a variable speed limit (or any speed limit.) taking advice from my Speedo?

I’m not a fan of random testing? It tells you less than not testing. (And I also use a sensor.) One never knows when the next HbA1c issues a “fine.?“ Regardless of how carful you think you “drive.”

But that’s just how I manage my condition. Other diabetics may have a different perspective.

Hello,

As a T1. I wouldn’t monitor my diagnosis any less than I would drive in a variable speed limit (or any speed limit.) taking advice from my Speedo?

I’m not a fan of random testing? It tells you less than not testing. (And I also use a sensor.) One never knows when the next HbA1c issues a “fine.?“ Regardless of how carful you think you “drive.”

But that’s just how I manage my condition. Other diabetics may have a different perspective.

I know my speed well enough anyway.
I don't test as I know my body the same way, and know how it reacts to food, hunger, exercise, and my blood tests confirm it.

Hello,

I understand what your saying ,if I was told I was T1 or T2 there would be no question of me not doing exactly what I needed to do, it’s the fact I’m Pre-D and my current bloods show I am not in the Pre-D zone now , just thought I would put it out there to hear other people’s thoughts .

How long before and after eating? Nothing at all affects the levels? That’s a bit unusual in a prediabetic (or anyone to be honest) unless you mean it’s the new regime that is giving similar pre and 2hr post figures as you’d hope for. What does eating a higher carb meal do?

I’m not sure what testing randomly once a day will tell you? If it’s not informative then there’s little point in doing it. If you’re happy with your new diet it would be more useful to fully test a whole day’s meals once a week for example and do different meals each week.

I know my speed well enough anyway.
I don't test as I know my body the same way, and know how it reacts to food, hunger, exercise, and my blood tests confirm it.
Great to hear you reversed T2, I know I will always have to monitor what was my dreadful sweet tooth, tbh I soon got used to fruit instead of chocolates , it doesn’t bother me at all

How long before and after eating? Nothing at all affects the levels? That’s a bit unusual in a prediabetic (or anyone to be honest) unless you mean it’s the new regime that is giving similar pre and 2hr post figures as you’d hope for. What does eating a higher carb meal do?

I’m not sure what testing randomly once a day will tell you? If it’s not informative then there’s little point in doing it. If you’re happy with your new diet it would be more useful to fully test a whole day’s meals once a week for example and do different meals each week.
Hi when I said my numbers didn’t change after eating different foods the numbers slightly changed ie 5.2 to 6.0 or sometimes went in the other direction , I got from that that my BG is not greatly affected by different foods, I appreciate what your saying about doing a full days numbers as opposed to once every few days, I’m so grateful for everyones input.

Well done on your progress so far @Toddyken - sounds like the changes you have made to your menu have been very effective 🙂

Reactions: Tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back