DLA Decision Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1982

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hello again.

Our DLA decision was recently made and I don’t think it’s right. We went through the Mandatory Reconsideration process and they upheld the original decision. Anyone had any experience of the appeal process?

Cheers
Tom

What decision did they come to? We get medium rate DLA. High rate is much harder to get.

Hi! Do you mean PIP (Personal Independence Payment). All those of working age are being transferred to PIP and those over retirement age to AA (Attendance Allowance) I less over about 75 when they remain on DLA. I would suggest talking with the CAB. My own chats with Age UK were not particularly helpful!

Hi! Do you mean PIP (Personal Independence Payment). All those of working age are being transferred to PIP and those over retirement age to AA (Attendance Allowance) I less over about 75 when they remain on DLA. I would suggest talking with the CAB. My own chats with Age UK were not particularly helpful!
children have dla

Not only different DSNs but also different consultants and not even in the same outpatient clinic as the adults, where I was diagnosed, cos a lady called Karen who was also a member here for some years was diagnosed at the very same hospital and still lived in the same town as an adult. Only one hospital doctor she saw from early adulthood, I'd ever seen. I've no idea whatsoever about children & D where I've lived for the last 25 years since I've simply never known any children with D, or any adult having such an offspring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back