Dizzy spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bics

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Recently I've been experiencing dizzy spells. Is this to do with type 2?? Getting a little worried. No headaches or anything else though.

Recently I've been experiencing dizzy spells. Is this to do with type 2?? Getting a little worried. No headaches or anything else though.
It could be but it could also be a number of other things, blood pressure, ear infection for example. Better to consult your GP for advice.

If you have a BP testing kit, it might be useful to test when you are feeling wobbly once you have got yourself safely seated. Do you take blood pressure medication. Some people find following a low carb way of eating drops their blood pressure meaning that any medication they take for hypertension becomes too effective and drops them too low, so that might be something to consider. Definitely discuss it with your doctor though.

Thanks very much. Yes I take BP meds. 10mg Ramipril daily. Its usually OK. I was just a bit concerned as I had a few dizzy spells

Thanks very much. Yes I take BP meds. 10mg Ramipril daily. Its usually OK. I was just a bit concerned as I had a few dizzy spells
Have you reduced your carbohydrate intake since you were first prescribed the Ramipril?

Dr David Unwin (GP on Southport) reported that both he and his patients has to reduce or come off BP medications after going to a Low Carb way of eating, because Low Carb usually reduces high BP as well as reducing Blood Glucose, reducing weight and improving kidney function,

Good to know thanks. I've not really lowered it at all if I'm honest if anything I have been eating the same. I usually have extra carbs on weekend. I know I shouldn't but I find it quick and easy.

I get dizzy and wobbly if I eat too many carbs and spike and then crash. Doesn't happen very often because I'm pretty consistent with low carb but it's horrid on the odd occasion I do go overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back