Dizziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnarob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Gang,

I have another question:-

I've started to feel light headed and dizzy. I'm taking 2 x 500mg of Metformin. I'm also suffering from blurry vision and I was wondering if any of you have had this? I did wonder if it was my body getting used to the new meds and/or my dramatic change of diet. I've cut out bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. My numbers are coming down all the time and yesterday they were at;-
8.7, 10.8 (just home from dentist)! 5.1, 6.1, 6.2, 5.2, 7.9

The doctor seemed to think that I wouldn't my numbers down this side of Christmas, but they do seem to be dropping quite a bit?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Donna

Hi Donna, I would think this is because your levels are now consistently below what you have been used to pre-diagnosis. In time, if you can maintain these (excellent!) levels, then they will become the 'norm' and you should feel more comfortable. Another thing to bear in mind is that, since you have changed your diet quite significantly, you may actually be feeling the effects of hunger. With diabetes, there is always a tendency to look for a reason there why we feel as we do, but of course it may be unrelated to diabetes! I often think my levels have dropped low, but when I test I'm fine - it's just that I haven't eaten for a while! 🙂

Hi Donna - some people feel dizzy when their blood sugar is low. Although technically you are not low. The levels you are now getting are low in comparison to what you are used to. The brain can get confused. If that is the problem you will find if you eat something sweet you will feel better (not that I am recommending this as a long term fix - but it will help you find out if that is the reason).

I guess there is also a possibility that your teeth are responsible, the ears control your balance and are in close proximity to your troublesome teeth. If you are still feeling dizzy when you go back to the dentist ask him.

Low blood-pressure can cause dizziness too. You mentioned getting a bp monitor so I am unsure if you are on bp meds but thought it worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back