Disposal of surplus CGM devices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfb222

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
My spouse has recently changed her CGM and as a result has a few unused, sealed, in-date, items that she will never use.

Can anyone suggest a platform or organisation through which they could be sold or gifted for mutual benefit?

If they were NHS prescribed then they can't be sold but if you mention which ones they are here on this post and ask interested parties to send you a PM and then sort out postage with them, that is the usual method here. We have a few Type 2s who self fund and I am sure would appreciate some freebies for the cost of postage. If they were self funded, then I think you are at liberty to sell them on.
It might help people if you say which type of CGM they are.

If they were NHS prescribed then they can't be sold but if you mention which ones they are here on this post and ask interested parties to send you a PM and then sort out postage with them, that is the usual method here. We have a few Type 2s who self fund and I am sure would appreciate some freebies for the cost of postage. If they were self funded, then I think you are at liberty to sell them on.
It might help people if you say which type of CGM they are.
Thanks. I wanted to be sure I didn't upset the mods with my first ever post!

The items are all Dexcom G6 which were purchased through self-funding. There is a transmitter with a use-by date of 20th of this month. And a sensor with date 31st Jan 2025. These are in their original sealed packaging.

Also a used G6 receiver with a slight crack in the screen which doesn't seem to IMG_2544.jpgIMG_2543.jpgcause any issues.

We were very happy with G6 and have only switched to Dexcom One because it works out a little cheaper...

Anyone interested in any or all please pm me

My spouse has recently changed her CGM and as a result has a few unused, sealed, in-date, items that she will never use.

Can anyone suggest a platform or organisation through which they could be sold or gifted for mutual benefit?
Hi I am interested in your CGM,would you be willing to sell to me or tell me where you bought it from .thank you

Hi I am interested in your CGM,would you be willing to sell to me or tell me where you bought it from .thank you
I am guessing since you are a new member, that you may not be able to send a PM(Private Message). I wonder if @everydayupsanddowns would be able to enable that feature on your membership, so that you can contact @mfb222 via that means....

Just to clarify, Private messaging is done via the envelop icon at the top right of the page just to the left of the search function and alerts bell symbol. If you click on that you should get the option to click on the "send Private Message" blue bar again on the RHS once the feature is enabled for you.

@mfb222 Is your wife Type 1 or Type 2 and if Type 2 is she using insulin? There are guidelines for getting CGM prescribed in some circumstances for Type 2 but Type 1s should all be offered it on prescription now.

IDDT historically used to take in-date diabetes stuff for use in third world countries - I’m not sure if that system still operates?

PMs should become automatically available once you’ve both made a few more posts each 🙂

I’m not sure what date this page was written but it mentions people in Ukraine so it looks like IDDT do still take supplies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back