Disposable pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a good idea in theory - but not sure about the wastage aspect.🙂Bev

I just don't understand it. The whole point of pumping for most people is to get accurate basal rates. This has 3 preset basals - 0.83, 1.25 or 1.67 - can you switch between them? The website gives the impression you can only have one per 24 hour period. You can also only bolus max 36u per 24 hours.

The theory of 'disposable' insulin pumping is cool but this just boggles my mind.

I think it's seen more as an alternative to injections than as a sophisticated device like a real pump.

I just don't understand it. The whole point of pumping for most people is to get accurate basal rates. This has 3 preset basals - 0.83, 1.25 or 1.67 - can you switch between them? The website gives the impression you can only have one per 24 hour period. You can also only bolus max 36u per 24 hours.

The theory of 'disposable' insulin pumping is cool but this just boggles my mind.

All 3 of those basals are way too high for me, my max one is 0.80 and only for 1 hour of the day

and bolus in 2 unit increments, even pens are much less than that.

Interesting though

Last edited:
Let's just hope that doctors don't start thinking these are like real pumps but cheaper and start giving these out when the control associated with a proper pump is needed (wouldn't put it past some of them! 😱)

Let's just hope that doctors don't start thinking these are like real pumps but cheaper and start giving these out when the control associated with a proper pump is needed (wouldn't put it past some of them! 😱)

Oh my how scary! No you can only have 2 units or 4 take your pick, he he :D

Quite agree Northe. I still can't get my head around it to be honest. It just seems pointless unless you specifically match those basals and never go above 36u bolus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back