Display BG whilst riding

Status
Not open for further replies.

megga

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This is a little something I put together so I could check my levels whilst riding.
It’s an M5stickC that I have made a waterproof metal case, hard wired onto the bike.
It uses Libre2 data from XDrip4iO5 from my phone. Not easy to do if you’re not tec minded (like myself)
Wouldn’t it be great if Freestyle built these, so you could put them in your car, bike lorry. It could save people with hypo unawares from loosing their license, and potentially save an accident
060E8381-C837-48AE-879F-58B370B21774.jpeg

It could save people with hypo unawares from loosing their license, and potentially save an accident
People with no hypo awareness should have lost their licence already, as you have to sign the form saying you have full awareness before your licence is renewed. I think Abbott might be wary of developing something that might be taken to mean that people could continue to drive without hypo awareness.

People with no hypo awareness should have lost their licence already. I think Abbott might be wary of developing something that might be taken to mean that people could continue to drive without hypo awareness.
Hypo awareness is something that a diabetic can start to get through running blood sugars too low. Happened to me around 18 years ago, so I had to run my BS higher for a few months. Luckily I’m fine now.
this would be a tool, especially if it had an inbuilt alarm.

@megga why not just use your phone if you have xDripiOS?
I use my phone for navigation when driving and cycling. XDrip+ places the current reading in the header to see at all times.

Not tech minded but even if I was, I am not sure where on the horse I could mount it! Neat idea for biking though!

Not tech minded but even if I was, I am not sure where on the horse I could mount it!
LOL! :D

Looks like a great solution @megga ! Very ingenious. Hope it provides you with reassurance during rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back