Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee2011

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Afternoon All,
Working at QPR V Blackburn Rovers today. I notice, I have lost weight. However, when I eat (chicken sandwich and a hot dog), still feel a tad hungry. I have drunk a fair bit of water. Read that eating refined carbs (guilty as charged), lack of fat in foods or feeling stressed. Can be the reason.
I defo may have to invest in a bg machine. Although my job is a mixture of sitting and walking. At home, it would be fine.
I realise when I do feel stressed, I eat a bit less. Oh well
Onwards and Upwards
Weight and diabetes, downwards

Good luck on finding ways to cut back on those refined carbs @rustee2011 🙂

The expla
Afternoon All,
Working at QPR V Blackburn Rovers today. I notice, I have lost weight. However, when I eat (chicken sandwich and a hot dog), still feel a tad hungry. I have drunk a fair bit of water. Read that eating refined carbs (guilty as charged), lack of fat in foods or feeling stressed. Can be the reason.
I defo may have to invest in a bg machine. Although my job is a mixture of sitting and walking. At home, it would be fine.
I realise when I do feel stressed, I eat a bit less. Oh well
Onwards and Upwards
Weight and diabetes, downwards
I have heard is that when people eat a high carb meal they over produce insulin which causes blood glucose to fall quickly so they feel hungry and then they eat carbs and the cycle repeats itself. So something less carby with more protein would be better.

It produces a lot to deal with the high levels of glucose in the blood due to the high carb content of the meal. This has all sorts of side effects, one of which may be the suppression of the hormones that promote the feelings of satiety (Amongst other things, something called Ghrelin is also affected.).

Diabetics often suffer from hunger when blood sugar is high as the body cannot use the glucose in the blood for energy, so the brain sends hunger signals out (Or something like that.) The generates a viscous circle... Although I believe levels have got to be very high for to happen.

Well done on the weight loss!

I now have a craving for a Costco Hot Dog! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back