Disaster - HbA1c Result

Status
Not open for further replies.

glodee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
9.5%😱😱😱 - up from 8.6% when I was started on insulin. I'm so embarrassed - this is just too awful. DSN feeling bad as she thought she was doing the right thing!! So plan is - referral to Consultant , DAFNE course (if they'll have me!!) and drum roll - Diabetes Psychologist to deal with hypo fears. You get the picture - a mad old bat who cannot manage her D. Seriously, I know I need to take more care over what and when I eat and take more apidra. Seem to be taking the right amount of Lantus as fasting BG's in a good range, its just the PP numbers!
Am so disappointed I want to crawl into a hole and go to sleep for a bit.
:(

Aww Glodee sorry to hear about the rise in your hbA please dont be to disheartened i had two hbAs in a row that raised and i was gutted but after a good talk to my DSN and a new plan of action put in place i got it down, it is a knock but please dont become to down.Take care x

Sorry to hear about that not so good news.

However, (there's ALWAYS an however!), the real disaster would be if you didn't do anything about it. So, roll those metaphorical sleeves up and do better for next time! :D

Hope it goes better for you,

Andy 🙂

Hi Glodee, it's always disheartening to get news like that, but it does sound like a plan is being put in place to get things back on track so hopefully you can look forward to much improved levels next time 🙂 Insulin can be a tricky thing to get used to and some people are more afraid of hypos than highs - I'm the other way round, so my HbA1c in the past has been uncomfortably low due to the hypos. I'm gradually getting better control though, apart from the odd out of the blue one!

I wouldn't be too put off by the prospect of speaking to the psychologist. I got to speak to one as part of a group session and found it really helpful. If they're good at what they do, they're worth their weight in gold. 🙂

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your results, Just wondering if they took you off any oral medications when starting the insulin and if that could have contributed at all. I hope that you can get on a DAFNE course I'm sure it would be really helpful. Any reduction you can get for next time will be beneficial. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back