Ding Ding! Seconds out! Round 2 at the Doctors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It's time to see the Doctor on Friday.:D I hope the dragon on reception isn't there!

I have an agenda to take along....

1. Show the wound from my recent operation to check healing. (That was fun - my BG was 3.9 and they were scared about giving me a general anaesthetic in case I went hypo so I opted for a local. Result - got bumped up to 1st on the list! Surgeon nearly wet himself when I asked him to warm the scalpel up first. 1st to go home!)

2. Discuss my Metformin medication - BG nearly always between 4 and 7 now 🙂 Explain far less tied than before Metformin started. Show her my diary with BG reading, meals, exercise, Sunday Blood pressure readings, body weights.

3. Show new letter from DVLA and get her to tell me what to write on the form.

4. Get a repeat for the Metformin while I am there.

5. Get an appointment at the Diabetes clinic and retinal photography.

6. The difficult one...Get some BG testing strips on prescription. Remind her of proactive attitude (see 2) will reduce complications and wil save NHS money in the long term. Tell her I nearly went hypo after a brisk hours walk and meter proved it (BG was 3.2).

7. Ask for a sharps box and about local policy on safe disposal.

8. Get help to quit smoking. Tablets perhaps?

9. Get a copy of the practice's complaints procedure if I don't get the strips.

I'll let you all know the outcome.

Goodness tez id need to writethat all down , hope it is a nice unstressful trip for you hun and you dont have to encounter no dragons xx

good luck

6. The difficult one...Get some BG testing strips on prescription. Remind her of proactive attitude (see 2) will reduce complications and wil save NHS money in the long term. Tell her I nearly went hypo after a brisk hours walk and meter proved it (BG was 3.2).

QUOTE]

You could take the 'nearly' out of there, 3.2 is definately a hypo!

Good luck, it's always a good idea to have a plan for what you want to get out of these appointments.

Good luck at the docs...... I hope THE DRAGON is'nt there so you dont have to see her.... Actually i think she's just got a job at my surgery!!!! she was there today :D

Loving number 9. Good luck and yep take out 'nearly' and put in 'definitely'. 3.2 sure is a hypo.

Good luck with docs. Great you know what you want to say and yep 3.2 IS a hypo. I'd ask the surgeon to warm his scalpal and his hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back