Dilemma do I or Don?t I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Jones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I?ve been in a bit of a dilemma with a do I or don?t I for a couple of weeks deciding whether to tweak my basal in the mornings..

I have a slight wobble between 9am through to 11am! Between 9am-10am I fall by 0.8mmol/l?s and between 10am and 11am I increase by0.8mmol/l?s I know not major in the great schemes of things..

The pedantic perfectionist side of me wants to iron this out and it?s bugging me big time! But the common sensible side is saying, leave well along other wise you stand a real chance of mucking everything up.. Which I really don?t want to do with a pending HbA1c around the corner, and knowing as it stands it gonna be a good one..

Any thoughts???

I?ve been in a bit of a dilemma with a do I or don?t I for a couple of weeks deciding whether to tweak my basal in the mornings..

I have a slight wobble between 9am through to 11am! Between 9am-10am I fall by 0.8mmol/l?s and between 10am and 11am I increase by0.8mmol/l?s I know not major in the great schemes of things..

The pedantic perfectionist side of me wants to iron this out and it?s bugging me big time! But the common sensible side is saying, leave well along other wise you stand a real chance of mucking everything up.. Which I really don?t want to do with a pending HbA1c around the corner, and knowing as it stands it gonna be a good one..

Any thoughts???

I take its thats fasting results? Not when you have any breakfast bolus around.

I think the rule is if you rise of fall around 2.8 mmol then yo adjust, so you dont fall into that? I would be happy with those numbers its not even one, but i know what you mean you want it tighter.

Hi Ellie,

I think your control is a lot better than mine. In this situation if my BG was within target I wouldn't be touching my basal with a bargepole! Having said that, you know your body better than anyone else - if slight adjustments don't throw you out too much, go for it.

Yep it's fasting tests, so nothing hanging around..

I think that's what bugging me, the ponder to if and/or how much spanner it will chuck into the works, don't want to faff everything up...

The real irrating bit is having a sensitivity to insulin, and the pump can is limited to a mimium incredment of 0.1 unit.. And this is probably going to be too much of a large incredment to try...

I can hear some not so subtle comments to my pump team, about up-grading my pump to a newer one a year early..

I can hear some not so subtle comments to my pump team, about up-grading my pump to a newer one a year early..

Definitely a good plan! My pump does 0.005, if you're insulin sensitive this would be far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back