difficulty in contacting diabetes team

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelejane

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, is anybody else finding it impossible to actually speak to their DSN or consultant?
I am now down to 2 Omnipod Dash pods, and when I rang Omnipod to order some they said there was a funding issue with my clinic. This was weeks ago, and I have emailed my DSN, rung her, rung my consultant and rung their general area number only to be met with answerphones. I have emergency pens and 1 insulin cartridge from when I had an insight pump but I would really like to continue with Omnipod, having been on them for 2 months now.

Can you not email your team? Ours are pretty hard to get hold of on the phone, presumably because they are too busy running around looking after other people and doing nursey things, they do usually reply to emails within 24 hours though. Might be worth a try?

Can you not email your team? Ours are pretty hard to get hold of on the phone, presumably because they are too busy running around looking after other people and doing nursey things, they do usually reply to emails within 24 hours though. Might be worth a try?
I have been emailing them for weeks! both my consultants secretary, and my DSN. Then today I rang all the numbers I could find for them and the kent diabetes nursing number. , just this second had a call back from the secretary saying they have been trying to sort out the funding issue but was surprised nobody had told me. Seems weird I was updated to the Pods when my pump expiry ran out yet funding wasn't sorted out in the beginning after my 3 week trial. Just saying!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that you will now be able to get things sorted.

Do you still have your old Insight?
Glad that you have pens as back up just in case there is a further delay.

How stressful for you @michelejane :(

Now that you’ve finally made contact I hope the funding issue is sorted speedily.

FWIW, aside from emails arranging a remote pump start over video with the distributor i’ve not heard anything from my hospital clinic since Jan/Feb 2020

Why not go to hospital in person & head to diabetes clinic, that way you will have more luck with speaking with someone, even secretary might be able to sort something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back