Differently having two many hypos at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Im diferrty having two many hypoa at the moment my suger is saying I've had 7 in the past week(only one of them has been below 3.5 though a couple were even only 3.9) I think it's because of the weather however yesterday it seemed to be getting better but had two today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220716-000337.png
    Screenshot_20220716-000337.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
Yeah I heard that. I just thought I said of you're getting above 4 or 5 a week it's getting too many.

I have had 2 In the same day twice this week looking back. And other times feding them off fast acting carbs at other points

Yeah I heard that. I just thought I said of you're getting above 4 or 5 a week it's getting too many.

I have had 2 In the same day twice this week looking back. And other times feding them off fast acting carbs at other points
5 bgs below 3.5 in normal circumstances would be too many, but you’ve only had 1, and it was during hot weather which can make hypos more likely. So it sounds like you’re being too harsh on yourself?

5 bgs below 3.5 in normal circumstances would be too many, but you’ve only had 1, and it was during hot weather which can make hypos more likely. So it sounds like you’re being too harsh on yourself?
Perhaps I am being a little hard on myself still like to avoid them if a can(pictutlar for the sake of hypo awareness) but as you said it is a heat wave.

I think the important thing is to try to identify what is causing them and take steps to prevent them. Libre is currently showing me as having 125 "Low Glucose Events" in the last 90 days. Of course Libre exaggerates these things because for me anyway, it usually reads about 1mmol below actual BG and currently 2mmols lower. It is usually my basal not quite matching up with my activity levels and needs adjustment. If I had nocturnal hypos on 2 or 3 consecutive nights and didn't do something about it ie reduce my basal, then I would feel bad about it but as long as I do something to try to mitigate them then I am managing things well in my opinion. There are too many things beyond our control. All we can do is our best. I am quite fortunate that my consultant is pretty chilled about the number of hypos my Libre records. Most of them are very minor and some will not have been real hypos at all, so there might only be a few "naughty ones" in a 90 day period out of those 125. I can live with that.

I think the important thing is to try to identify what is causing them and take steps to prevent them. Libre is currently showing me as having 125 "Low Glucose Events" in the last 90 days. Of course Libre exaggerates these things because for me anyway, it usually reads about 1mmol below actual BG and currently 2mmols lower. It is usually my basal not quite matching up with my activity levels and needs adjustment. If I had nocturnal hypos on 2 or 3 consecutive nights and didn't do something about it ie reduce my basal, then I would feel bad about it but as long as I do something to try to mitigate them then I am managing things well in my opinion. There are too many things beyond our control. All we can do is our best. I am quite fortunate that my consultant is pretty chilled about the number of hypos my Libre records. Most of them are very minor and some will not have been real hypos at all, so there might only be a few "naughty ones" in a 90 day period out of those 125. I can live with that.
Yeah I think it is the heat wave which is a bit tricky to nesvatege before their heat wave I was just having 1 or 2 a week(which I thought was an acetteple number) I don't think the libre exatages for everyone though I just wanted to put that one for anyone searching the forum to find tips I'm know I'm not on it however I'm speaking from when I was(and the sensor was working at the tab) it typical read higher for me when I was low. Plus it didn't also check them until after I had caught it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back