Different Brands of Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chartom3

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just picked up my 3rd dose since being on Metformin and have had different brand each time, Rxfarma, Teva and the latest being Crescent Has anyone had any problems when taking a different brand from another ? Have had very little trouble with the first 2 and have not yet taken any of the 3rd yet ,but just wondering if there is any difference in the brands or are they all basically the same

Had numerous brands over the years & the only difference has been size & shape of the tablet.

Some people have reported experiencing problems with different brands and it may be to do with the coating and binding agents used by different companies as the active ingredient is the same in all of them. If you experience problems with one but not another, you can ask for a named brand I believe, if you can justify it to your GP or nurse. Hopefully you will not be one of those people and you will be fine with this third brand too.

Had numerous brands over the years & the only difference has been size & shape of the tablet.
Same for me. Though I have had the same brand for a number of years as my prescription is for a specific brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back