Difference between "diabetic eye screening" and "digital surveillance appointment"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meggerz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

10 days ago i had my routine yearly eye screening as im sure most here do. I had my eye drops, they took photographs of the backs of my eyes, told me id hear back the results in the next 2 months and sent me on my way.

This morning i received a NHS letter in the post informing me of a "digital surveillance" appointment booked for next month, in the same section of the same hospital i had my appointment 10 days ago. The important information in todays letter was a copy and paste from the letter i received months for my eye screening appointment.

I have never had this before, the letter tells me nothing. Anyone had this before or know what its about? Im not sure if its some sort of admin error and its inviting me for the same thing again, or if this is some sort of different test (they need more information, more indepth etc.

If anyone could shed some light that would be appreciated!

Did you get any clue about your eye results at your appointment @meggerz ? Mine normally tells me the result but cautions it’s not official until the letter. To me it sounds like they might have spotted something that they want to keep an eye on:

Can you phone them to check?

Digital Surveillance appointments are made to closely monitor any changes found during your annual routine diabetic eye screening test. Digital Surveillance screening is offered every 3, 6, 9 or 12 months depending on the type and progression of the changes to your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back