Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi all,

Still struggling with pre bolusing. Came to the conclusion that if 30 mins won't do it except at breakfast time then I need to change my insulin. 30 mins is just ruining meal times with family and if something goes wrong with dinner while cooking it and I've pre bolused then I could be in trouble. DB nurse and docs agreed so moving to Lyumjev hopefully next week. Same as humalog but with an added extra to kick it off. I think it's supposed to be like Fiasp. Plus my basal looks like it's changed again grrr. It's fun this lark isn't it!

I will be interested to hear how you get on with Lyumjev. I am using Fiasp and still not finding it all that fast. 45mins at breakfast and 20-30 mins at other meal times. I have a good routine in the morning which means the 45 mins is fine but I am getting chewed off with waiting on an evening sometimes, especially if I am not cooking and just want to zap something I cooked a few days before in the microwave.

Which basal have they changed you to and why? They should not really be changing your insulins without discussion and your agreement. This is your diabetes and you do have a say in the insulin prescribed.

I will be interested to hear how you get on with Lyumjev. I am using Fiasp and still not finding it all that fast. 45mins at breakfast and 20-30 mins at other meal times. I have a good routine in the morning which means the 45 mins is fine but I am getting chewed off with waiting on an evening sometimes, especially if I am not cooking and just want to zap something I cooked a few days before in the microwave.

Which basal have they changed you to and why? They should not really be changing your insulins without discussion and your agreement. This is your diabetes and you do have a say in the insulin prescribed.
Hi Barbara, on no my Basal insulin has not changed its my dosage, I came down 2 units about 6 weeks or so ago. Then the weather changed and it's clearly changed with it . So going up 1 unit to start with. No I worked that one out myself and asked them to confirm it and they agreed. I have a great team at Gloucester and they always run stuff by me and let me decided what to do.

Pleased to hear that! Please do update this thread with how you get on with the Lyumjev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back