Diet Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

antman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was wondering if anyone knew the negative side-effects of these diet fizzy drinks? I drink a lot them and think its about time I considered what they might be doing to my body as it is something that doesn't seem to be particularly apparent.
Cheers to anyone who can help

Hi Antman and firstly welcome to the forum, I cant say i know the effects all i can say is i guess its not as much of an effect then it would be if it was the full sugared drink, I must admit I have stopped drinking even the diet variety of drinks at the minute and im solely drinking water even when i go out im having sparkling water, I hope you get your question answered as i think it is a good question and others will want to see the answer.

I Know Only About Aspartame In Drinks Is Been Said That It Is Link To Cancer So I Try Not To Giving To Many To My Boy And I Try The One With Sucralose Instead

As far as I am aware, having done a little bit of research into it, there have never been any conclusive scientific studies linking aspartame to cancer or any overly negative side effects. I believe that you would have to drink something along the lines of 20-40 cans a day of a diet drink to go over the RDA of aspartame to kilogram of body weight.

Sucralose is an alternative, and drinks ranges from M&S, Tesco and Sainsbury's all don't use aspartame, and are sweetened with sucralose as an alternative.

Don't know much about the science behind these drinks but i agree, the best things to drink are probably plain old water and teas. I'm told a little dram before bed can also provide health benefits!🙂

There was a big thing in the news a few years ago about diet coke damanging women's bones - and was particluarly women rather than men. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5410476.stm
Made me cut back a bit!

Don't know much about the science behind these drinks but i agree, the best things to drink are probably plain old water and teas. I'm told a little dram before bed can also provide health benefits!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back