DiDkA NEWS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
no go with DUK ..due to cuts in resources they unfortunately are not able to offer us assistance with the campiagn ..... xxx apparently the scarse resources are being directed to promoting duk manefesto with politicains ummm🙄

Thats such a shame after all your hard work. I do know that they have cut down on the DUK childrens holidays aswell this year. :(Bev

nevermind at least if we are asked if we've contacted DUK we can say YES...and although they support the idea they cannot help with the campaign x onwards and upwards it dont stop here!!

Tut! Did they not at least offer to sanction the campaign so that DiDkA can say 'Supported by' legally? Or would that mean that they might incur costs if anyone enquired about it? I know they have to pick and choose where they put limited resources, but I can think of a few places they could save some money...

Tut! Did they not at least offer to sanction the campaign so that DiDkA can say 'Supported by' legally? Or would that mean that they might incur costs if anyone enquired about it? I know they have to pick and choose where they put limited resources, but I can think of a few places they could save some money...

that i will get confirmed xx

when i went to that meeting that richard lane was at, he said that DUKs funding has been cut by something ridiculous like ?7m, mainly due to the recession.

(not 100% it was ?7m exactly but it was something enormous like that)

Not sure how it works, but as it is something important and will benefit others can you go for charitable status and perhaps get funding that way? I'm not sure who you'd ask, but the charities comission might be a good place

when i went to that meeting that richard lane was at, he said that DUKs funding has been cut by something ridiculous like ?7m, mainly due to the recession.

(not 100% it was ?7m exactly but it was something enormous like that)

It wouldn't surprise me, the recession has hit all charities very hard. :(

Sorry to hear this , you have all put so much hard work and effort in for that we are all proud of you

Last edited:
Even if they can't provide any financial assistance - couldn't they include some articles in Balance ?

Thats gutting .... 😡 .. I do realise times are hard ... but politicians manifestos ... hmmmmm .

Not sure if this may help ... but if you could get some kind of medical backing .. ie ... hospital clinic .. would it be possible for you to approach the drink manufacturers .. ie Britvic .. and ask the for sponsorship with the campaign ... companies do have resources set aside for such projects.

Heidi
xx:D

That's a bit of a blow, although like you said i'm sure it's not the end and that you'll still make it happen. I really hope that you can 🙂

That's a shame they won't even let you use their logo to say approved by or something!

Hey ho the show must go on, but I need a break at some point, when's the interval? Have I missed it?

Thats gutting .... 😡 .. I do realise times are hard ... but politicians manifestos ... hmmmmm .

Not sure if this may help ... but if you could get some kind of medical backing .. ie ... hospital clinic .. would it be possible for you to approach the drink manufacturers .. ie Britvic .. and ask the for sponsorship with the campaign ... companies do have resources set aside for such projects.

Heidi

well i still have a possible trump card ..i once was the librarian for the daughters of the chairman of mcdonalds uk ..i know where he lives ...so im thinking after we have results from the big dipper weekend and IF it shows there are obviously problems .....we can approach those particular retailers ...with the evidence ..

well i still have a possible trump card ..i once was the librarian for the daughters of the chairman of mcdonalds uk ..i know where he lives ...so im thinking after we have results from the big dipper weekend and IF it shows there are obviously problems .....we can approach those particular retailers ...with the evidence ..

You go girl ..... that is a trump card ... :D:D

Heidi

Aww, such a shame but, as you say, you're not gonna fall at the first hurdle, you're all doing a grand job.

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back