Did it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
:confused:

Had a sandwich like i normally do for lunch so had my 2 units of insulin as normal, however this time i used my new nova demi pen instead of my flexpen (just coz i wanted to) i primed it and made sure the insulin was coming out, which it was but for some reason i thought the amount of insulin coming out was less than the flexpen. Well i just thought stop being silly and injected.

20 mins later had sandwich

Premeal - 4.9
2 hours after = 7.2
3 hours after = 9.2!!!!

Its like i didnt inject anything! usualy it starts coming back down after the 2 hour mark

Confused!

Glad you got a demi pen, hope it helps, I think for me it'll be more use at weekend when active all day. Anyway lunches, you're not alone today I corrected twice and just now I'm in the nines! But my sarnie was not my usual I bought some rolls and a jar of filler, so guessed at carbs, yes I could have read packets but didn't🙄 Maybe it's worth tomorrow going 2.5 units?? Try not to loose faith, you'll sort it out soon enough. There are soo many possibilities of what it "could" be if you say nothing is different maybe your needs are going back up, or if not back up just up! At least you can monitor it and adjust accordingly.

Take care

Rossi 🙂

Thanks 🙂 i hear you got your demi pen only recently too, i thought i would need mine all the time but now been put on a new ratio and using my flexpen. i hope my needs arent changing i had only just got used to them!

Well i think what i wiil do is have same lunch tomoro and use my flexpen to see if it was infact the demi pen thats not working properly

Screw diabebes! 😡

The demi is a novo 3 pen, so I don't know about the flexpen but you may have to hold in for a bit longer, does the area you are inject show any signs of dampness from insulin when you take needle out? Just a thought?

Yeah had it about a week, although not sure I need it at the mo but I'm sure I'll work out something like a ratio and be a bit more regimented soon, well I hope I do!

yes it suck's!

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary :( well i am blaming the novopen, going back to my flexpen and gonna see if i get better results!

Im sure there will be a time when i will have to do the odd half unit but unitl then...flexpen i think!!

I'm sure you'd thought of this but don't forget that after a month you will need to throw the cartridge away, so if you are only usuing it occasionally it's likely you won't have used it all up.

I'm sure you'd thought of this but don't forget that after a month you will need to throw the cartridge away, so if you are only usuing it occasionally it's likely you won't have used it all up.

I had no idea of this, i thought it was around 6 weeks it lasted outside fridge! thanks for posting this x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back