Diaversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hobson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed in 2013 when I was admitted into Hull Royal Infirmary with a blood infection. It was the week when the Eurovision Song Contest was on. Ten years on I'm doing OK, I shed a lot of weight by doing plenty of exercise and generally keep everything under control.

Gosh well done. Inspiring.. which is what I need right now! Diagnosed 4 days ago! All seems daunting and overwhelming. Need to lose about 30kg ASAP plus avoid carbs (which I've learned on here since joining yesterday)

Happy diaversary for yesterday.

I wrote an account of my early progress here:

Edit.
Now that I've read your other post that mentions a heart condition I'm not sure that my accounts of mad endurance sports are going to be very helpful.
That was a good read / well written. I'll maybe avoid some of the activites, but I do love swimming and live next to an outdoor heated pool! Losing 30kg will require more activity in addition to calorie deficit, so gentle walking, swimming and helping out in my local allotments are on the weekly planner!

I'm trying to concentrate on the swimming now as one of my knees isn't up to running and long bike rides anymore. Lately I've been too busy with life to even go swimming but some of that being busy has been helping people with moving house. Running up and down stairs carrying pieces of furniture is good exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back