Diaversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! Not sure if that's the right thing to say as probably not the Christmas present you wanted.
Hope you have a good day.

I always try to celebrate my T1 diagnosis.
To me, it is important to celebrate but I am not celebrating having diabetes, I am celebrating the diagnosis without which I would not be around.

So, @Sweetz I think "Congratulations" is in order. Forty four years with a chronic condition is a great achievement.

Congratulations and wishing you many more Diaversaries to come.
Funny how an unusually high proportion of people's diagnoses came around Christmas or birthdays. Mine was a mix of Birthday and Valentines present (birthday is 12th Feb, Valentine's is obviously the 14th and I was diagnosed on the 13th but had guessed about a fortnight before what my symptoms were ..... Clearly someone really loves me 🙄
I have got just a bit of catching up to go to get to your level of experience though, as it's just 4 years coming up for me.

Last edited:
Congratulations on 44 years of T1 from a fellow Class of 1978.

I hope you have a good day
Aww Flower you must remember starting T1 with animal insulin injection syringes. clinitest urine testing and diet sheets wirh a set amount of carbs you must eat and no way of knowing what your bloods were at that moment - scary when you think about it

Thank you pumper sue a good day had - much better than the 1978 diagnosis
Glad to hear it 🙂 Like you I can still remember my diagnoses almost 58 years ago.

Aww Flower you must remember starting T1 with animal insulin injection syringes. clinitest urine testing and diet sheets wirh a set amount of carbs you must eat and no way of knowing what your bloods were at that moment - scary when you think about it

It was challenging times, how things have changed.

Own anniversary passed last week, forgot about it until read your thread, some years remember it some don't, although do remember day as if it were yesterday I don't mark occasion in any way.

Congratulations! I don't remember the exact date of my diaversary but I think it was the 10th of December, or one very close to that. It's just been a year and from reading veterans experiences in the forum, I feel lucky I was diagnosed in this time with all the advances. I'd prefer not having the condition at all, of course, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back