Diasticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone. I recall reading, a while ago about a product called diasticks. You can use them to test your coca cola/pepsi when you are drinking in restaurants etc. I'm sure i am given regular cola quite often, despite asking for diet and it would give me peace of mind if i knew i could check. Could anyone tell me if this is correct please and if so where can i get hold of some. Thanks.

Hi Casey, you can purchase them from any pharmacist without prescription for about ?5 for 50. Once opened they last for about 6months, I believe. The actual name is Diastix and they are made by Bayer. 🙂

we have also started a campaign DiDkA (diet drink awareness) where if you get served the wrong drink you can point the retailer in our direction where we explain the need for awareness

Hi

I am so pleased you asked this question.
I am newly diagnosed T2 and trying to be really good.
At my local health club twice in the past week I have been given full fat pepsi instead of diet. I normally notice, but had ate a banana today and didn't notice until after a few well earned gulps. Tonight my sugar reading was very high for me - not sure if connected as I say I am quite new to all this.

I also find I get served full fat butter/spread when asking for low fat.

On mentioning it and returning drink or food I get told 'oh a little wouldn't hurt' ..and this is a health club!

lucy if you pm me an email address i will send you the DiDkA leaflet which you can pass on to your health club x

Hi

I am so pleased you asked this question.
I am newly diagnosed T2 and trying to be really good.
At my local health club twice in the past week I have been given full fat pepsi instead of diet. I normally notice, but had ate a banana today and didn't notice until after a few well earned gulps. Tonight my sugar reading was very high for me - not sure if connected as I say I am quite new to all this.

I also find I get served full fat butter/spread when asking for low fat.

On mentioning it and returning drink or food I get told 'oh a little wouldn't hurt' ..and this is a health club!

Lucy, that attitude from your health club is totally unacceptable - getting the wrong sort of drink is not just a matter of a few extra calories, it will have a significant impact on your blood sugar levels, so please stress to them the importance of this should it occur again - the more we educate, the better things will become!🙂

hi i posted a similer question a few weeks ago and i bought mine in boots since then when out and and testing i havent been served full sugar coke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back