DIAGNOSIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan74uk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello
im a newby .is it right that i could develop diabetes from three months ago having good blood sugars ?i suffer from anxiety and have numerous meds and the test i had was only one test done whilst having a bottle of oasis drink.something doesnt seem very fair or correct.i do have the symtoms so somethings not right i just dont think db should have been able to be guaranteed from one test even if very high results .anyone any experiance of similar

What is the test they did? Was it a hba1c test?

they took bllods for a number of things i presume one was hba 1c test that was very high .three months ago it was at 45 so im surprised its come on so quick.im concerned there may be a more serious issue

45 is pre-diabetic.
What is now?

a lot higher lol .i believe the doctor should have told me three months ago that i was pre db

Were you advised to make any lifestyle changes when your HbA1c came back as 45?

A hba1c covers 3 month of blood sugars so the consumption of one soda at the time of the test would not make any difference, though cutting out sugary drinks would be a good ifea id ine is pre- diabetic

no no mention at all
That might explain your most recent higher HbA1c result. Someone diagnosed as pre-diabetic would normally be advised to make some lifestyle changes, especially in relation to diet, to avoid further rises that would see them cross the threshold for a diabetes diagnosis. If that didn't happen it sounds like you have been badly let down.

That might explain your most recent higher HbA1c result. Someone diagnosed as pre-diabetic would normally be advised to make some lifestyle changes, especially in relation to diet, to avoid further rises that would see them cross the threshold for a diabetes diagnosis. If that didn't happen it sounds like you have been badly let down.
id say so .my doctors is calssed as number 2 worse doctors in leeds so it doesnt surprise me .ive requested a subject access report before they add in that they told me

id say so .my doctors is calssed as number 2 worse doctors in leeds so it doesnt surprise me .ive requested a subject access report before they add in that they told me
So what's your HbA1c now? There's a point at which someone would be prescribed medication.

If your doctor is that bad, and it would appear you don't trust them, why stick with them? Register with a different gp.
You should be able to trust your gp

You can't turn time back so the important thing now is to move forward and make some changes to your diet, if your Oasis drink was full sugar that is one thing you need to cut out as well as other sugary drinks including fruit juice and look for diet drinks.
Find out what your HbA1C is as that will indicate how much work you need to do.
Have a look at this link as it is a low carb approach which has been successful for many in bringing down blood glucose and losing weight if you need to. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
It is very easy to move from prediabetic into the diabetic zone if you don't reduce your carbohydrate intake as your body has difficulty coping with a high carb diet. It can happen to anybody, you are not alone in that or in not being told of a prediabetic blood glucose level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back