Diagnosed August 2022 - progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitosauras

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I'm new 🙂

In August I had a bit of a health crisis and I was diagnosed after tests with Type 2. I have my first annual review with my GP in a little over a week, and I've had a letter from them saying by HbA1c has gone from 59 to 53. Would this be a significantly good reduction?

When did they extract the blood for this test - was that mid December? The 4 weeks prior to the blood draw, account for 65% of the result. The 4 weeks prior to that, 25% and the 4 prior to that, the other 10%. (all '- ish' though!)

Hi, the 53 was 15th December when I had my last test done, the 59 was from September
It is certainly going in the right direction and it is kinder on your body to reduce blood glucose slowly but I suspect your GP might want to see better progress which can be achieved by perhaps tightening up on your diet. You do not say what dietary changes you might have made or if you are on any medication but reducing your carb intake may help to get things moving a bit more.
A few ideas in this link may help with some new ideas for some changes, it is a low carb approach based on real food, low carb being less that 130g per day not NO carbs. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

I'm diet controlled at the moment, no medication. I've tried to reduce portions, I have stopped all sugary and salty foods, admittedly I still probably have too many carbs but it's a reduction on what I was doing previously. Iv'e lost 21lbs since mid August so I must be doing something right, I hope!

Keep going.
I cut carbs drastically and rather suddenly and was fortunate not to have any side effects. I wasn't overweight and have maintained weight for past 15 months.
I found a simple strategy is to check the carbs on a product and if it's over 10 g of carbs per 100 g of product then put it back on the supermarket shelf (or eat in very small quantities). The graph below shows my progress. I might have done better on the most recent test but had very little exercise due to picking up Covid four weeks previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back