Diabox & Libre app bluetooth issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciderman22

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, recently started using diabox and now every few minutes signal is lost on both apps and after I scan sensor it is lost again.

Can anyone help with this?

Hi @Ciderman22, welcome to the forum.

Your question needs a bit more information. Presumably you are trying to connect to your phone and watch. Are you using iOS or Android kit with your phone and watch? Have you asked on any of the Diabox forums?

Hi, recently started using diabox and now every few minutes signal is lost on both apps and after I scan sensor it is lost again.

Can anyone help with this?
Presumably you are on an android phone. There is a process, a bit tedious, but simple enough that I use when Diabox is playing up:

Go into settings and select apps.
From the 3 dot menu @ top right select 'show system apps'.
Scroll to Bluetooth, select storage and then clear cache - not data!
Go back once and Force Stop. Ignore the warning and complete Force Stop. Because it is Bluetooth and a system app, Bluetooth will immediately restart but now it is clean and free of any legacy code that can cause conflict.
Go back once, into apps, scroll to Diabox.
Into storage and again clear Diabox cache.
Back once and Force Stop, ignore the warning, complete Force Stop. This will now close your Diabox, but will not clear any other data.
Exit Apps and Settings.
From your screen menu restart Diabox and wait.

Sometimes Diabox immediately refinds the sensor and restarts as if nothing was ever wrong. Sometimes it restarts but is not doing its 300 second count down; wait, usually it settles and then works.
If after 20 secs try a manual scan and wait.
If still not OK, repeat all above.
Be patient. I can't fully explain what is conflicting with what. But for me this has always eventually worked, on a Samsung A5, with Android 8. Over time you find you can do this ritual automatically!

Providing you only clear the cache you will not lose any accumulated data. If you panic and uninstall then reinstall all previous data is lost.

Let me know how you get on and on what phone.

I have temporarily lost diabox after a phone issue; still working on that gremlin. It is so frustrating to no longer have CGM !!

Hi Mike, I'm using diabox app on android phone with libre app. Every few minutes bluetooth connection is lost.

Can you please direct me to Diabox forums, thanks Andy

Presumably you are on an android phone. There is a process, a bit tedious, but simple enough that I use when Diabox is playing up:

Go into settings and select apps.
From the 3 dot menu @ top right select 'show system apps'.
Scroll to Bluetooth, select storage and then clear cache - not data!
Go back once and Force Stop. Ignore the warning and complete Force Stop. Because it is Bluetooth and a system app, Bluetooth will immediately restart but now it is clean and free of any legacy code that can cause conflict.
Go back once, into apps, scroll to Diabox.
Into storage and again clear Diabox cache.
Back once and Force Stop, ignore the warning, complete Force Stop. This will now close your Diabox, but will not clear any other data.
Exit Apps and Settings.
From your screen menu restart Diabox and wait.

Sometimes Diabox immediately refinds the sensor and restarts as if nothing was ever wrong. Sometimes it restarts but is not doing its 300 second count down; wait, usually it settles and then works.
If after 20 secs try a manual scan and wait.
If still not OK, repeat all above.
Be patient. I can't fully explain what is conflicting with what. But for me this has always eventually worked, on a Samsung A5, with Android 8. Over time you find you can do this ritual automatically!

Providing you only clear the cache you will not lose any accumulated data. If you panic and uninstall then reinstall all previous data is lost.

Let me know how you get on and on what phone.

I have temporarily lost diabox

after a phone issue; still working on that gremlin. It is so frustrating to no longer have CGM !!
Hi again,
I've tried your suggestion several times now and works for a short time then drops connection.
I'm running Android 11 and really want to use Diabox, though looks as though I won't be able to unless I can fix this

Hi again,
I've tried your suggestion several times now and works for a short time then drops connection.
I'm running Android 11 and really want to use Diabox, though looks as though I won't be able to unless I can fix this
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know. Did you get any directions for Diabox forums? It looks as though I've got to go back to basics; I've got a fresh download, it's installed, but won't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back