Diabetic teenager left lying in city street for 90 minutes after bicycle accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A diabetic teenager was left lying by a road with a broken hip for 90 minutes after several passers-by failed to help him.

Josh Fox, 16, right, fell off his bicycle on Earlham Grove, in west Norwich, breaking the bone below his left hip, but no-one came to his aid until two women stopped and called an ambulance.

Josh, who was diagnosed with type one diabetes in May, was on his way to his aunt?s house on Motum Road to get needles for his insulin injection, when he skidded and fell off his bicycle.

The accident happened at midday, but he did not get treatment until 1.30pm.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news...s_passers_by_fail_to_call_ambulance_1_1751657

:(

A diabetic teenager was left lying by a road with a broken hip for 90 minutes after several passers-by failed to help him.

Josh Fox, 16, right, fell off his bicycle on Earlham Grove, in west Norwich, breaking the bone below his left hip, but no-one came to his aid until two women stopped and called an ambulance.

Josh, who was diagnosed with type one diabetes in May, was on his way to his aunt?s house on Motum Road to get needles for his insulin injection, when he skidded and fell off his bicycle.

The accident happened at midday, but he did not get treatment until 1.30pm.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news...s_passers_by_fail_to_call_ambulance_1_1751657

:(

Inhumanity strikes again :(

That's shocking but also not surprising these days

Just today I was nearing the entrance of my local morrisons nd a man had collapsed in the doorway,people were just looking then walking by, some woman and her hubby even picked up the buggy to walk over him cause he was in the way ffs, and the manager was carrying customers trolleys over him to prevent a build up of people...I just waited and asked his wife if she wanted me to help in anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back