diabetic retinopathy and monitors/screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj10125

Hello,

I have diabetic retinopathy I work in IT which has been a struggle, my employer is providing new hardware for employees at home and I have been asked if there is a specific monitor/screen type that would be beneficial. I know anti-glare is important, but was wondering if anyone with diabetic retinopathy or who knows about it might have any suggestions or know if there even is a recommended monitor style/type to help.

Wide question I know as it will vary person to person so general question.

Thank you in advance.

The only thing that comes to mind with my company replacing my monitors earlier last year is larger monitors so that the fonts are larger without sacrificing resolution.
Also instead of two monitors perhaps consider 1 large monitor/tv suitable for displaying computer graphics.
Then there’s the refresh rate but I’m not sure that has any influence on retinopathy concerns tbh.

It will be interesting to see if you can find any information @jj10125

A very quick internet search suggests that it is not particularly easy to find information on the subject because of the overlap with queries about Retinopathy screening, retinopathy monitoring, and even the screens on which retinopathy screening/grading is done!

Personally, cos I've needed specs for years as in my avatar photo - I'd go into our usual shop (Boots Opticians) and ask our favourite opthalmologist what he'd suggest. I do know that they've long made gadgets to attach to normal screens that the visually impaired commonly attach to look at the screen, through. They did that way back when we all used VDUs in offices, so there must surely be such things now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back