Diabetic retinopathey and vision help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD1984

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

First post and I am looking for a bit of advice as I cannot seem to find any good advice on the internet so I will turn to the experience of others. I have severe diabetic retinopathy and my vision is generally ok. However, I am starting to struggle at work with the PCs and making detail out in daylight or walking into a bright room from a dark room.

Can anyone recommend anything that could help? Specific types of glasses? Screen aids for the PC? I have seen items on Amazon but reluctant to spend £50+ for them not to work - I have an eye test at the end of the month and again don't want to be sold something from Specsavers I don't need.

Any advice appreciated!

Welcome @KD1984 🙂 Sorry to hear about your retinopathy. I’m afraid I can’t help but I did wonder if your optician or the eye department might have suggestions. At least they’d know if the various things you see advertised are fit for purpose and would suit you.

Your work should be able to refer you to Occupational Health for advice and support regarding PC use.

Hi KD1984, welcome to the forum.

Given that you mention things have changed, it might be worth getting a full check up with Ophthalmology so they can make sure that things are as healthy as possible and provide a more accurate solution to your issues.

As mentioned above, occupational health is a good idea too as you may be able to try out a few things before figuring out what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back