Diabetic paracetemol suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was in SUperdrugs yesterday evening as I wanted to get a bottle od calpol for little feller (he has a cold). I always go for the sugar free one on the reasoning it is better for his teeth and you don't need lots of sugar to make the paracetemol part work.

There was another mum with a couple of kids asking what the difference was between two bottles, one being the variety with sugar in, so I explained. This lady wasn't sure what was best for her little lad, so both I and the nearby assistant suggested she needed the chemist down the road where the pharmacist was best placed to advise.

Next question was well is the sugar free for kids with diabetes? I said it was better for children with diabetes, but not exclusively for children with diabetes. You know a lot this woman said, so if my kids are diabetic how do I know? I told her the symptoms and said she MUST go see her docotor with the child or children concerned for a proper diagnosis.

Does make you kind of wonder what planet these people are on. The nearby assistant having heard this conversation the chipped in, thank you for the advice, I am going to see my doctor too, and I'm taking my mum because I think she might be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back